Sportivo GPS Mount

MRJ00

Just purchased a Garmin Nuvi 760 GPS for my Sportivo and its working great!

Only problem is I don't like the windscreen suction cup mount - needs to be set too high to clear dash and obscurs vision.

Does anyone know of a supplier for a custom dash mount to a Aurion Sportivo?

Mark

Just purchased a Garmin Nuvi 760 GPS for my Sportivo and its working great!

Only problem is I don't like the windscreen suction cup mount - needs to be set too high to clear dash and obscurs vision.

Does anyone know of a supplier for a custom dash mount to a Aurion Sportivo?

Mark

Not sure,

Cheap way is to get some 3M velcro tabs and just attach it somewhere on the dash colour it grey to match if you like quick and easy and doesnt give an impression to theives that you have a GPS unit on board coz it would look like it could be for anything lol.

I think the main reason for the windscreen mount is that its the best place where you dont have to make much eye/head movement etc, so you basically still have your eyes on the road in front when you decide to play with it on the go...

personally i wouldn't have it attached permanently to the car. i have had a lot of customers who have had their cars broken into and had it stolen. one of then didn't even have their gps in the car it was just the suction cup holder bit and the thieves still broke in hoping to find it in the car. it sucks thats there people out there like that.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've done a bit more searching and I think I've found a solution, dispensing with the suction cup

ProClip make a 2 part mounting plate for GPS, PDA's and Mobile phones which is customised to a fitting to suit the vehicle - including Aurion

Australia distributor is Kiosk Communication http://www.kioskcommunications.com.au/kiosk/default.asp who maket the US product under the name ClicOn

You can see pics on their site with dash mounts to the centre console of the Aurion.

This is exactly what I was looking for as it gets the GPS off the Windscreen, closer to the driver for for operating controls and is less of a security risk that seems to be a big problem. The mouting plate on the dash is not as obvious as a windscreen fitting. Also, when I use a windscreen shade (which could not be done with a suction cup fitting) it is almost hidden from outside view.

Thought I would pass on this info for anyone else looking for a solution. I have ordered the products ($107.89 incl Postage) so will let how it looks after I fit it

Mark

Definitely keep us informed. I'm thinking of getting the MIO C520 GPS unit and also dislike the window mount for these gadgets. I much rather these things be off the glass for obvious reasons. I hope the mounts are of good enough quality and won't fall off easily.

• 2 weeks later...
How did it all go MRJ00? I've changed my mind to probably also get the Garmin Nuvi 760 as well. I've just picked up my new ZR6 yesterday. Do you mind taking a photo or two how it looks all set up?

Here are a few pics of the mount and GPS

Sorry - having trouble uploading pics

I am new to this - can someone let me know how?

Mark

Edited by MRJ00