ok got my clutch installed...one problem.

black turkey

ok i just got my car back with the new clutch, drove it home without the speedo working. tacho works and evrything else, anyone know how to fix it?

when they took off the gear box to change your clutch they must have forgot to connect up the thing that the speed is measured off (sorry dont know what its called but its in there)

yep, speed sensor isn't connected. take it back soon and they should not charge you.

honestly, the number of times I've had on my work receipt "... road tested vehicle, ok." where this has clearly not been done is tragic. it's probably just there figuratively for liability purposes.

im taking it back on monday, i drove around today anyway cos i have been deprived of my celica for so long, the clutch feels real nice, very grabby, i didnt drive very hard cos im assuming there is some kind of break in period. but accidently while turning onto a highway i got the wheels spinning a bit.

is the connector thing thats on the tranny a big job to attach? or a quickie?

I had a similar problem after the dash was removed so they could install the horn and rewire some stuff so the original guages could work again, but when i picked mine up the tacho stopped working after a couple of hours.

Eventually I just took it back and they had to conenct 1 wire back in place.. the annoying part was removing and putting the dash back in. Its at stage of being fragile and brittle at the moment, so they had to make sure that they didn't have to force anything back in. They didnt charge me anything and I got free parking in town, ohh riighht. All is good. :rolleyes:

yeah mate u gotta take it back....coz they obviously didnt connect the cable back up again...should be free of charge....ahh nice to see u luv ur new exedy clutch....i dont think it needs a lengthy break in period...after the first few times u done the whole gear changes...its good to goo...basically its good to go as soon as its installed...bt its always good to drive a lil easier when u first get the clutch put in...just in case....bt i would say after the first drive...u can go harder....if u got the exedy heavy duty clutch...then tht thing should last for a very long time....nice to hear tht u got ur girl back....!!

yeah mate u gotta take it back....coz they obviously didnt connect the cable back up again...should be free of charge....ahh nice to see u luv ur new exedy clutch....i dont think it needs a lengthy break in period...after the first few times u done the whole gear changes...its good to goo...basically its good to go as soon as its installed...bt its always good to drive a lil easier when u first get the clutch put in...just in case....bt i would say after the first drive...u can go harder....if u got the exedy heavy duty clutch...then tht thing should last for a very long time....nice to hear tht u got ur girl back....!!

mate I wouldnt go telling him that its good to go after the first couple of gear changes... unless he wants to burn his clutch.. give it at least 500km before you start droppin the clutch and givin it crap, far out dude