1991 corolla seca unlocks itself!

cewing

Gday folks, I've got a ae92 (1991 model, i think its an ae92) corolla seca ultima

Its having problems with its remote central locking. the remote part is obviously 3rd party, but the car came with central locking.

About once every 2-3 days when I come to drive home from work I find the car unlocked. Where I park at work its not an issue so much, but parking in around the city of sydney I worry someone's gonna piddle off with me car :(

Does anyone know what could be causing an issue such as this, and where the 'brains' can be found to look for any obvious faults?

Cheers

Cewing

Gday folks, I've got a ae92 (1991 model, i think its an ae92) corolla seca ultima

Its having problems with its remote central locking. the remote part is obviously 3rd party, but the car came with central locking.

About once every 2-3 days when I come to drive home from work I find the car unlocked. Where I park at work its not an issue so much, but parking in around the city of sydney I worry someone's gonna piddle off with me car :(

Does anyone know what could be causing an issue such as this, and where the 'brains' can be found to look for any obvious faults?

Cheers

Cewing

are you certain its unlocking itself? when you lock it double check all doors lock. As my 2 back doors get stuck sometimes, could be getting stuck on the door trim and the lock doesn't go down... maybe take it in to a car alarm place and see if they have any ideas

its the central locking... not necessarily your remote..

i had this similar problem on my old ford laser which didnt have central locking but i ended up buying the cheap d!ck smith 1s for like $30 and got my cousin to install it. (i did not install a keyless entry, it only had a remote for switching on/off the alarm)

i had 2 double n triple check the car b4 i left it.

maybe its feeling insecure lol!

could be the master lock on the drivers door isnt working right and locks as normal but as you walk off cause the lock jambed up it unlocked the doors i know this is common with commodores cept they start honking at you if the lock jambs up.

another thing could be the alarm might be faulty my ae92 had an alarm that for some odd reason would go off every morning around 10am if i was at home it was due to the heat of the morning sun i put it down to so i took it out..........then it gets stolen...........F&$%!