2008 Kluger Grande AWD Centre Diff

SamF

Hi I am new to this forum. I am about to take delivery of a new Kluger Grande AWD. My query, which I have asked of dealers and searched the internet for is; Which type of Centre Diff is in the current AWD Grande ? The para below, which is and extract from a report on the previous model, suggests that it may be an electrical one, if Toyota have carried this foreward. Does anyone know for sure ?

"The entry-level Kluger CV and mid-range CVX employ a constant AWD system comprising a viscous centre coupling and a limited slip rear differential. In contrast, the top-of-the-line Kluger Grande and CVX with the optional Safety Pack (as tested) use an electronic torque-split AWD system in place of the viscous coupling. This is said to "provide more precise and smoother traction." Note that the optional Safety Pack also adds electronic stability and traction control and four extra airbags."

No it all time mechanical. Anyway Grande and CVX indicate they are talking about the old model.

I have the link to the pdf somewhere.

EDIT: There it is !!!! http://sumbiz03.home.comcast.net/HighlanderAWD.pdf

Hi Taka

Thanks for this, it is the first diagram I have seen. However I have read that the Kluger can supply 0-100 % torque to any wheel and this would suggest some means of torque distribution either Viscous coupled or electrical clutch system. If you have any more information available on exactly how the AWD works this would be most appreciated.

Again thank you for the supplied URL link.

Taka...You the man. This site is gold.. :clap::clap: The Yanks ask all the questions that we think would be too trivial. :huh: All members should join using there identical AU login name and password. That way we'll all know if one of us is online or has asked a question. Before you poo poo this idea, just think of the problems, questions and answers we will have access to with the US and Canada online. Our Kluger ownership numbers are only a decimal point compared to them.