Corolla Bluetooth Settings?

I know the current gen corolla comes with Bluetooth on alot of the models, I was wondering how good the bluetooth is?

- Can it link into my contacts? so I can browse through all my contacts?

- Is it voice activated? so I can tell it "Dial Andrew" and it will call Andrew?

- Can you adjust how loud the speakers are when you are talking?

- Can you adjust the sensitivity so if you seem faint, you can up the sensitivity to make yourself heard alot more?

- Can you assign speed dials?

Edited by Pauly

I know the current gen corolla comes with Bluetooth on alot of the models, I was wondering how good the bluetooth is?

- Is it voice activated? so I can tell it "Dial Andrew" and it will call Andrew?

- Can you adjust the sensitivity so if you seem faint, you can up the sensitivity to make yourself heard alot more?

I find it really good.

No you cant browse your contacts, if you want to ring someone who you haven't programmed in to headunit you will ahve to do it on the phone then hit send on the phone.

No its not voice activated

Yes you can adjust how loud it is through your speakers

Yes you can ajdust the mic sensitivity

The head unit will hold 6 phone numbers that you will have to enter into it.

If you have a compatible phone you will also be able to see the phone signal strength on the headunit.

Hope that helps you out

adjust the sensitivity of the mic? did i miss read the manual, i didn't find anything in there about it, everyone tells me i'm too faint, i find myseld almost yelling sometimes while driving my car.

how do you turn the sensitivity up?

Dave

Its under the "SETTING THE VOLUME" section of the section pf the bluetooth. If you have the manual that has Part number : PZQ6012020 as the first number listed it shold be on page 25

apparently there is an option to adjust the sensitivity, I created a thread:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=14392

"Its under the "SETTING THE VOLUME" section of the section pf the bluetooth. If you have the manual that has Part number : PZQ6012020 as the first number listed it shold be on page 25"

Can anyone confirm 100%?

for when I get my corolla at the end of the month, can you tell me how u get into those settings? like which buttons I push?

• 2 weeks later...
Its under the "SETTING THE VOLUME" section of the section pf the bluetooth. If you have the manual that has Part number : PZQ6012020 as the first number listed it shold be on page 25

Hmm, isn't that the output volume? I also have the problem where I'm shouting just to get the person to hear me. I was told there is no way to adjust the mic sensitivity.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, isn't that the output volume? I also have the problem where I'm shouting just to get the person to hear me. I was told there is no way to adjust the mic sensitivity.

Yeah, there is no way to adjust the mic sensitivity.

I've decided to ditch using the BT on the factory stereo unit and went out and purchased a Sony Ericsson HCB-700. I had one of these in my previous RAV4 and it was awesome!

It has an LCD Display and if you also have a Sony Ericsson phone (which I do), it can sync your phonebook data. It also does voice digit dialling with works with any BT enabled handset.

I prefer these than the ones you mount on the visors cos with those, you'd have to charge them every now and then when their batteries are low. Where the HCB-700 is fitted and with no messy cables.

• 3 weeks later...

As mentioned in the Kluger section, you can use your phone's microphone as the HU also utilises it as an additional microphone pickup. If you have your phone somewhere in front, it'd be fine.

So from my research I have found that I have to accept not having a fully functioning factory fitted bluetooth microphone.

I buy Toyota for work and I do so as they are reliable and have great resale value. Toyota the company have never fitted something to any car I have bought that did not work or couldn't be fixed quickly. This is the first time I have dealt with Toyota where they simply said "This can not be fixed."

Anyone else find this amazing from the largest car maker in the world?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just took delivery of a new Corolla. Same problem with the BT microphone sensitivity. Can't find any means of adjustment.

The phone's microphone is not enabled when being operated by BT.

I've lodged an enquiry via Toyota Australia's website.

Edited by VanGoes

• 1 month later...
Has anyone had any update on this problem, it is becoming incredibly frustrating

After my 20,000 service I have an update on this. Their are apparently 3 issues:

1. 3G Network - There are apparently problems with 3G phones (I don't have one so I don't know any details)

2. Non-Nokia phones (I have a Nokia so again no details)

3. Where you place the phone in the car - Placing the phone in the compartment directly below the gear lever (in a hatchback), which would appear to be the obvious place to put your phone, will result in intereference (possibly due to the wires that run underneath there). Where as other points such as your shirt pocket or the cupholder (we were testing another theory) will not give interference. When you try to claim warranty and the Toyota persopn checks it they will probably have their phone in their hand and so not get the interference and therefore think there is no problem. The dealer I had the service at is going to contact Toyota about a fix as I had them witness the problem.

Edited by jps137

• 1 month later...

Here's the latest update I have. Anyone got anything further? I haven't had anything more since as I'm waiting for the next service. This is a 2008 Corolla Conquest:

Dear Mr Bevan,

Thank you for your email received by our Customer Relations Centre.

We understand the high expectations our customers have of their vehicles and we are sorry to learn of the difficulties you are facing with the Bluetooth function in your Corolla Conquest. Unfortunately the microphone sensitivity/volume cannot be adjusted. I believe there is a fix being developed by the makers of these audio systems for customers with this complaint, however this has yet to be completed and we are unable to advise of an estimated arrival date. All I can suggest is to bring up the matter with your dealership at your next service and enquire whether this fix has become available.

Mr Bevan, we regret we are unable to assist you at this time but assure you the matter will be resolved as soon as possible. Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact Toyota.

Kind regards,

Jacquie Lee

Customer Relations Advisor

Customer Relations Centre

Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited

Edited by vbevan

Here's the latest update I have. Anyone got anything further? I haven't had anything more since as I'm waiting for the next service. This is a 2008 Corolla Conquest:

Dear Mr Bevan,

Thank you for your email received by our Customer Relations Centre.

We understand the high expectations our customers have of their vehicles and we are sorry to learn of the difficulties you are facing with the Bluetooth function in your Corolla Conquest. Unfortunately the microphone sensitivity/volume cannot be adjusted. I believe there is a fix being developed by the makers of these audio systems for customers with this complaint, however this has yet to be completed and we are unable to advise of an estimated arrival date. All I can suggest is to bring up the matter with your dealership at your next service and enquire whether this fix has become available.

Mr Bevan, we regret we are unable to assist you at this time but assure you the matter will be resolved as soon as possible. Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact Toyota.

Kind regards,

Jacquie Lee

Customer Relations Advisor

Customer Relations Centre

Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited