Worthwhile or not

Volvo

Newbie here and first post:)..Would like to know opinions on having the pauint and upholstry protection added to the purchase of new vehicle (Presara)..

Not being cloth but leather upholstry wise , does it still have a great advantage and does it really protect the leater so much??...

I do know that with leather one must apply leather softener/cleaner/protector every now n then & willthis still apply??..

Cheers

Newbie here and first post:)..Would like to know opinions on having the pauint and upholstry protection added to the purchase of new vehicle (Presara)..

Not being cloth but leather upholstry wise , does it still have a great advantage and does it really protect the leater so much??...

I do know that with leather one must apply leather softener/cleaner/protector every now n then & willthis still apply??..

Cheers

Just another product the car yards try to sell. IMO not worth the money that you pay for it. I had it done to a new car I bought a few years back and I guess I was a little naive and wanted to look after my car. Nothing beats a good clean and Leather clean and condition from yourself to keep it all smick. :rolleyes:

These are just a dealer add on sales practice that is really from the bad old days. They should wise up and try new strategies now to claw back some profit from the new car buyer. There are clver er ways to do this and actually service the customer and sell something profitable for the dealer and useful to the customer.

Paint and upholstery protection isn't one of them in my opinion.

I got if for you my last new car "15 yrs ago" and it was a big waste of money, kids still wrecked the back seat and I still needed to polish & wax, a couple of times a year. Maybe technogy has changed ??

:unsure: Shyte!!!! n i did order both with my Presara!! wander if it aint too late to cancel em if ive allready signed the dotted lines but havent taken ownership of the vehicle yet???..

Okay if i have to??, next question is whats the best method n products to use to keep both in a good state come cleaning time or is it best to just put the vehicle in and get it detailed???.

Offcourse letting them know of both the paint and upholstry protection...

Cheers

:unsure: Shyte!!!! n i did order both with my Presara!! wander if it aint too late to cancel em if ive allready signed the dotted lines but havent taken ownership of the vehicle yet???..

Okay if i have to??, next question is whats the best method n products to use to keep both in a good state come cleaning time or is it best to just put the vehicle in and get it detailed???.

Offcourse letting them know of both the paint and upholstry protection...

Cheers

Kinda think it's a little late to ask opinions when the deal has been made ... sorta like closing the gate after the horse has bolted .. lol

I decided not top get paint protection after doing some research. It is basically a Teflon coating designed to make it hard for dirt etc to stick. If you get tar on your paint and use tar removers to clean it off this will remove the paint protection from that area also. You still need to wash and detail your car regularly to keep it looking good and in some cases the protector needs to be renewed each year. Not worth it!

I did get fabric/leather protector because I work from my car and eat and drink in it during the day with the usual potential for mishaps. Anything that can help to keep the interior looking good is worth it in my book.

With Leather, dirt gets into the creases and stitching of the leather and works like an abrasive, eventually breaking down the the area and resulting in a crack or seam coming unstuck. Drying out is the worst thing you can allow to happen. Use good quality cleaner and moisturiser regularly to keep up the appearance and protect your leather for a long life.

----------------

I decided not top get paint protection after doing some research. It is basically a Teflon coating designed to make it hard for dirt etc to stick. If you get tar on your paint and use tar removers to clean it off this will remove the paint protection from that area also. You still need to wash and detail your car regularly to keep it looking good and in some cases the protector needs to be renewed each year. Not worth it!

I did get fabric/leather protector because I work from my car and eat and drink in it during the day with the usual potential for mishaps. Anything that can help to keep the interior looking good is worth it in my book.

With Leather, dirt gets into the creases and stitching of the leather and works like an abrasive, eventually breaking down the the area and resulting in a crack or seam coming unstuck. Drying out is the worst thing you can allow to happen. Use good quality cleaner and moisturiser regularly to keep up the appearance and protect your leather for a long life.

----------------

Good reply Paul :) ... cheers mate

hey guys,

aftercare products have been around forever. i have to say, the products are expensive, and the only one i would really recommend is paint protection (only at the right price). also depending on how the dealer has set it up, the ones which make you go back each year for another application aren't worth it, but the ones which do not require the vehicle to go back for inspections and supply a lifetime warranty imo are good value.

thanks.