84' Corolla Spirit

Hello people.

I have a 84 corolla spirit that I am fixing up, a couple of weeks ago the car was running fine, got a small go around the backyard then after I turned it off, the car refused to start, so i'm thinking ok its just fuel so I pour about a gallon into her and try, still no joy, so I check the make sure I don't have any air pockets or such, all good, spark plugs and leads are good, this leads me to the distributer points. Now can I get some help on how to change these and what clearance I need to have, I already have the car at top dead center according to the marks on the crank. Step by step tutorial would be nice :P I can't find much on google aswell. I have already changed the coil, no difference.

Cheers guys.

Toyota Corolla 84 Spirit

Engine: 4A-C 4 Cylinder 1.6L

Pictures; (they always help :P)

bild0001af9.jpg

bild0002ka8.jpg

bild0003jq8.jpg

bild0004ip2.jpg

bild0005ue1.jpg

bild0006mp0.jpg

bild0007jd7.jpg

gaaaaaaaaaa ok well how do they look to start are they burnt out? i think your point gap is about 1.5 mm for points open position kinda hard for me seeing as the last car i did points on was 2006

im guessing youve checked that the leads are sending the spark to the plugs and stuff

you may also want to check the dizzy is spinning with the motor just in case the cam belt is gone

another one is the ballast resistor the white block on the side of the coil if all else fails try bypassing that with a really thick piece of wire and see if it runs then

Edited by T.J