New Kluger off road.

PC XT

Yep it can be done!

I Took the Kluger and Family off road at Easter to a little place which 99% of most people I have spoken to it about have never heard of before.

I went with some friends 6 cars in total from the AWD Club to a Place called Turon Gates near Capertee on the Mudgee rd from Lithgow if that helps.

We only drove it in and out with a box trailer attached on the 4X4 Only road, I went in other cars for the harder stuff (the Kluger would have made it through it all) as your car takes a beating and the boss (wife) doesn't want any undue scratches on it at this early stage of its life.

The down hill assist was great with the the stepper hills with the trailer adding more push than normal from behind, it makes a bit of a groaning noise when its working hard and releases when your on flat ground, very strange when you come to a down hill corner with a mound on it as it releases on the approach and comes on again once you go down the other side, if you know what I mean.

I have never tried it with out the traction control off so I cant comment, thats the light that activates when you have got the down hill assist on.

I was happy with its performance with what I would call very basic off road stuff add water and it would have been a different story.

Edited by PC XT

Nice pic .... although there is no hill but muddy place will be difficult for our highway tyres. They don't grip well even with some mud on a steep hill.

It is a light off roader .... NOT CONVINCE! I will try next time at Lorne (Jamieson track) to get up that stupid hill :mad::lol:. Once I get through that I prob can hold a meet so all AWD Kluger can go together :yahoo:

Edited by Taka