Antenna Base Removal

Seano

Hi guys,

As some of you may know some cunning runt (you know what word that means ;) ) has snapped my antenna off and damaged the antenna base unit in the process. So I thought may as well change the antenna while I am at it. I have ordered a shark fin style antenna off good old ebay which I will be DIY installing onto my car. I'm ok with soldering/crimping etc so no worries there - I just need to replace the base unit to get everything moving along. Anyone done this before? Also what sort of weather proofing is there around the hole in the roof (i.e. if I remove the base unit will there be anything from stopping the water from getting in)

Cheers!

to get the antenna base off i would recomend using a sharp chisel and hammer..

haha nah seriously i dont know how it comes off mine is on the drivers side up front.. but would be a good idea to put a little bit of silicon under the shark fin to stop the water leaking in :rolleyes:

to get the antenna base off i would recomend using a sharp chisel and hammer..

haha nah seriously i dont know how it comes off mine is on the drivers side up front.. but would be a good idea to put a little bit of silicon under the shark fin to stop the water leaking in :rolleyes:

Hahahah yea sure mate, don't forget the hack saw to remove excess metal around the base unit :P

I found the obvious answer here

Edited by Seano

You need to take the roof lining out, which is easy enough, you just need to remove basically all interior panels. Then you can unbolt the antenna base.

If thats all you need to do, go for gold. If you wanna put the roof lining back in... :lol: have fun!

There's pics around where some c u next tuesday snapped mine too... i used superglue LOL

You need to take the roof lining out, which is easy enough, you just need to remove basically all interior panels. Then you can unbolt the antenna base.

If thats all you need to do, go for gold. If you wanna put the roof lining back in... :lol: have fun!

There's pics around where some c u next tuesday snapped mine too... i used superglue LOL

gee can't wait! At least there is less chance of a shark fin being snapped off *touch wood*