honda civic idle speed controll motor

hey my missus's car is driving me nuts its a 2000 civic coupe apparently its an american built model and it has a different intake manifold.

now due to this fact i cant get parts for it easily i had to modify the airbox and have a custom air filter made for it just so i could put a clean air filter in i cant get parts through honda they wont have anything to do with it.

basically anyone know any honda guys who might be able to tell me if the jdm intake manifold idle speed controll motor will fit in an american built manifold im going to try the wreckers sunday to see if i cant get some result i just want this thing fixed so i can sell it and get her a real car ie corolla

Have you modified the car ?? Cause the intake manifold on a 2000 Coupe is the same as all the other models of that year so somebody its telling you a load of crap. You either have the GLI, VTI or the VTI-R in the coupe from memory which are engine's Honda has used in other models for quite a while. The Coupe is assembled in the US but the majority of the parts are still from Japan.

Are you sure that the idle problem is not something you have done in trying to modify it? Like a major vacuum leak for instance from have a pipe not connected on the manifold for emissions etc etc.

If your Honda dealer is tellling you stuff like that then go to another dealer as obviously they are too lazy to do their job properly.

Have you modified the car ?? Cause the intake manifold on a 2000 Coupe is the same as all the other models of that year so somebody its telling you a load of crap. You either have the GLI, VTI or the VTI-R in the coupe from memory which are engine's Honda has used in other models for quite a while. The Coupe is assembled in the US but the majority of the parts are still from Japan.

Are you sure that the idle problem is not something you have done in trying to modify it? Like a major vacuum leak for instance from have a pipe not connected on the manifold for emissions etc etc.

If your Honda dealer is tellling you stuff like that then go to another dealer as obviously they are too lazy to do their job properly.

i have no idea how long the problem has been there its my girlfriends car and she never tells me when theres a problem with it

it is stock the only modified part is the filter and its as close to a standard filter as i could have made it cause absolutely nobody had a replacement every place i tried didnt even have a listing for it including honda.

theres no air leaks the problem is specific i know its the idle speed controller as i bypassed it myself and i had honda scan it for me and confirm it

but when i asked if they could help get me the part they werent interested.

its a GLI but ive never ever seen an intake manifold like this one and ive worked on a fair few civics before the manifold is not the same as a s2000 ive looked into it the only thing i can try is get a jap manifold but id rather keep it as a last resort

I'd say you've got a bitzer then cause the GLI engine in that model is the same as the sedan and hatch in the Ek series Civics.

tell me about it its probably the only one in australia that has this damn yankee manifold im just going to change it for a normal manifold and hope for the best its already stuffed the auto ill be so happy to see it go