need help trd supercharger

while on the subject of sourcing the kit.. im off to europe soon and might get a stop off in hong kong anyone know if i could get a kit in anyone of these countries..

the TRD Supercharger kit for the 1ZZ-FE is a TRD USA kit. Hence you would struggle trying to find it in europe or HK, let alone from the US. Production for theses kits stopped over a year ago, it would be super rare for you to find one new or even 2nd hand. There were some left from General Motors about a year ago, as the 'Vibe' uses 1ZZ-FE and GM offered the performance kit.

As far as Boost goes, regardless if you are using a Blitz, Greddy, or TRD kit, the concept of the supercharger is the same. The amount of boost is relative to how fast you are spinning the pulley, hence the higher you rev the more boost you get.

In the case of Blitz SC kits, the Low, Med and Hi settings, High is simply a setting where the boost isn't being restricted. The fact that is its clutched, it doesn't have too much to do with boost control, as when run on the low setting the extra boost generated is simply being circulated with similar mech as the boost control actuator does on a turbo. The clutched mech is simply there for more efficient cruising (no load) and better idle control. Ultimately the linear boost generated would still be consistant, peaking with the peak rpm of motor.

If the clutch was used for boost control, it would be like saying you use your cltuch for speed control when driving.

My supercharger can generate around 8.5 - 9psi on redline (7000rpm), on the stock pulley. however, it is required to control the boost circulation actuator, as the stock actuator is set to run around 7.5psi then the rest is circulated. The Eaton M45 can generated up to 12psi with no problem, however it does heat up incredibly fast.

Supercharger boost and Turbocharger boost can not be treated equally (help me on explaining this bill) as the boost from a superchager is consistantly growing, peaking at max rpm of the motor. As for turbo, the boost can come on full way before the motor even reaches half of its revs.

bill..ur stivo isnt a normal stivo :P so ure out! :P

go pick on someone ur own size bill! lets say..an sti or an evo :spiteful:

trust me i already do :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: ....... n come on mate its a stivo ..... has a 2zz in her, 4 doors, a boot, a horn, a bonnet ...... c c c its a stivo :P :P :P ..... hahahahahahahah

Supercharger boost and Turbocharger boost can not be treated equally (help me on explaining this bill) as the boost from a superchager is consistantly growing, peaking at max rpm of the motor. As for turbo, the boost can come on full way before the motor even reaches half of its revs.

as touch upon by pippy the s/c is building its boost by propelling itself via the pulley system in the car ..... so as the revs build .... the pulley's spin the belt faster and the amount of boost increases so the boost figures are proportional to the revs ..... however on a turbo the turbine is spun by the exhaust gases exiting the engine to the exhaust via the turbo ..... the turbo wheel is soooo small and light that getting it cranking @ speed isnt hard to do at all .... unless ofcourse u oversize the turbo ....... so without getting into the theory of how u size a turbo up lets assume u have the perfect size the air flow coming out the engine to get out the exhaust propels the turbine to considerable speeds and is able to hold peak boost before half way up the rev range (again on a matching sized turbo for the engine and application). For example i can spin up 21psi of boost around the half way mark up my rev range give or take a few hundred rpms.

here is a good write up if ur wanting to advance ur understanding

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...ech_center.html