Car Audio - Sportivo

Azza

I have an old Earthquake BR1270 12" Sub that I am getting ready to introduce to my Sportivo's boot, just as soon as I get an amp for him.

What I am wanting to know, is if there is anybody out there that has installed a 12" in the boot of their tivo (or ZZE122R Levin/Conquest/Ascent) without interuppting the spare wheel?

I am thinking of putting it on the right hand side where that useless little trapdoor is...

Cheers

Azz

You can place your 12' sub easily in your boot. However if what your meaning is a custom boot install, then there are plentty of ways to go around keeping your spare wheel.

If your wanting a custom boot, best bet is to ask the professionals and see what they recommend.

If you just want the sub placed in the boot then simply just place it in there are your ready to go. :D There are many ideas to stop the sub rolling around in the boot as well such as velcro, tying it down with string etc. and im sure some other people have other methods as well.

Personally I have 2 12' subs in my boot with 2 amps as well. For a long time I had them just floating around in the boot placed ontop whilst keeping the spare wheel. Now I have a custom boot install and no spare wheel, I sure as hell dont regret it though.

I'm wanting to keep the boot fairly standard, thats why I want to do it in the little space on the right of the bootwell, over that useless storage container...

I have an old Earthquake BR1270 12" Sub

I have the SAME SUB as you lol... in my 2002 Toyota Corolla Levin.

I place against the seat. The amp is mounted to the sub box, and the amp does not touch the back seat (else it'd overheat)

If i want to access the spare wheel, the lid would lift up as usual, since the sub box is on the other end, so there is no problem there.

However, having the sub in means hardly any boot space, darn that corolla hatch back boot!

My sub box can easily be removed by unpluging a few things, and unclipping the mount of the sub (30 second job)

Edited by Cougs

Cheers Cougs

I used to have the sub sitting in the back of a couple of other cars I had, the last being by itself in the back of an old 74 Galant wagon... until I fried the MOSFETs in the amp (PPI ProMOS)

I thought it was a fantastic sub

I've been thinking about it today and I reckon I might see what ideas Silvabullit's mate has in the new year and go from there...

Thanks

Azz

FYI...picked up a Sony Xplod XM-502Z today at a bargain - RRP was at 299$ and I got muine 129$....so she will be going in on the weekend, just as soon as I work out how I wanna do it...

Hopefully If I am allowed out Thursday night, you boys can pass off some ideas....