altezza tailights

who ever that has those altezza lights out there ... what do u guys normally use the 4th light for?? and is it working at all?? mine doesnt seem to be -__-"

I use myn as a break light. There is an article in the workshop submissions on how to do it

who ever that has those altezza lights out there ... what do u guys normally use the 4th light for?? and is it working at all?? mine doesnt seem to be -__-"

I use myn as a break light. There is an article in the workshop submissions on how to do it

abh okay. so did u wire it up urself?? i also notice the hole of the tailight is small, which size bulb did u use?

abh okay. so did u wire it up urself?? i also notice the hole of the tailight is small, which size bulb did u use?

Hmm sounds like you might of got a different one to me hey. Myn came with a wiring harness for 4 bulbs so was pretty easy to DIY install. Go to Autobahn/Supercheap and see if you can get a bulb to fit the hole

Hmm sounds like you might of got a different one to me hey. Myn came with a wiring harness for 4 bulbs so was pretty easy to DIY install. Go to Autobahn/Supercheap and see if you can get a bulb to fit the hole

when i purchase my lights last year!! i had to go back and swap the stock wiring set to another one >.< planning to change the leftover one to break lights as well... was just curious what others did to theirs ?? or they had the same issue as me!

gday, ive got the chrome ones on my corolla.

i did ask the autoelectrician who was installing the tail lights if it was possible to wire up the fog lights with the brakes, but i discussed it with the autoelectrician and we decided against it since the lense in the foggies would have probebly blind any car that came up behind me! the lense in the foggies wouldnt spread the light out, it looks as though the lights would shine straight into the car behind me and cause other drivers to get annoyed at me.

anyone else notice this when they wired the foggies up? how do the foglights look when lit?

might wire them in depending on what is said on this thread... interesting topic - always wondered this, but never bothered to post it.

• 5 months later...

Rather than start a new thread i thought i'd ask away here.

I'm looking at getting a pair of the black real tail lights off Ebay. One pair note the socket is a single row of six.

Now my Levin has the double row. So few questions...

Assuming the one i do get are the single row when wiring, the loom attached to car itself, what are the wires as to their function? ie whats reverse, what brake, and what are their earths etc. otherwise can someone point me towards an answer !?

thanks guys...

yes.. i searched and couldnt find an answer, and i'm yet to be succesful downlodding a working service manual :lol:

Rather than start a new thread i thought i'd ask away here.

I'm looking at getting a pair of the black real tail lights off Ebay. One pair note the socket is a single row of six.

Now my Levin has the double row. So few questions...

Assuming the one i do get are the single row when wiring, the loom attached to car itself, what are the wires as to their function? ie whats reverse, what brake, and what are their earths etc. otherwise can someone point me towards an answer !?

thanks guys...

yes.. i searched and couldnt find an answer, and i'm yet to be succesful downlodding a working service manual :lol:

i don't remember the wire colours but i think white with black stripe is ground. the other wires you can trace back to which light socket. or go to the jdm taillight mod thread.

I had a similar problem with the taillight plugs too and i didn't want to modify the car wires so i connected them (through the pins) with wires from a broken pc PSU. the 4 pin molex wires plug prefectly to the taillight plug and the other end was pins from the floppy drive power plug which plugs great to the car plug. i wrapped each pin with pvc tape to isolate them.

hope it makes sense and helpful :)

Edited by chicken