Binge Drinking

Leroy

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty sad (and I'm not singling you out here mrs.sportivo, peace) that young peoples' idea of a good time is to sit down with 4 packs of cigarettes slammed down with 2 cartons of cheap grog.

hahas its not sad, because the good times are when your chilling with ur mates with a ciggerette in one hand and a beer in the other, talking about random sh!t.

LOL

edit: 2cases of beer wont get you drunk, and we dont "slam" it down LOL we chill, relax .. you know LOL keep the conversation going

not all people are complete idiots when they are drunk, most of my friends usually just LOL go upstairs and fall asleep. however yes LOL there are the others

who love to sh!t stirr but like i said, you usually drink with friends - so the designated drivers usually stop things from happening, before it all falls apart.

this is of course judging on the people i drink with every weekend, maybe ur friends are different - maybe their like the "theiving b@stards"

Edited by mrs.sportivo

IV got awesome news !!!!! i have stopped smoking last friday was my last and since then i am so good without them !!!!!!!

but we will see how this last as last time only lasted 3 months ..........and before that was a year ...........

lols congrats, prepare to have mad disgusting flem everyday.

and maybe a couple of kilo's gained :D

but think of the good side to it, you'll become fit, wont age as fast and will have more money for the mid-june sales WOOOO

IV got awesome news !!!!! i have stopped smoking last friday was my last and since then i am so good without them !!!!!!!

but we will see how this last as last time only lasted 3 months ..........and before that was a year ...........

but think of the good side to it, you'll become fit, wont age as fast and will have more money for the mid-june sales WOOOO

well i feel fine no problems with giving up this time coz i am very motivated i guess....

Guest ddonggae

i guess i should give up too.

since my ae86 is gone.... i dont drive, because the car i drive is not a sports car... without driving to interesting places, i am bored... so i started smoking T__T

ok once i get ma trueno back on the road (up to 4 months) i will quit smoking.

since my ae86 is gone.... i dont drive, because the car i drive is not a sports car... without driving to interesting places, i am bored... so i started smoking T__T

so u jus recently started? dude stop before u get addicted!!! its a waste of time waste of breath and waste of money!

so u jus recently started? dude stop before u get addicted!!! its a waste of time waste of breath and waste of money!

lols i dont think people get addicted, its just a habit

like its a habit to always buy when u run out, and its a habit to just smoke after school, or when you go out

thats what i reckon anyways, cos i know i can stop anytime i want - its just when i go drink i always have a ciggerette

LOL talking about drinking, omgg not tooo good full drank tonight on an empty stomach LOL so who saw me at the meet

i didnt even get out my friends car HAHAHA too akward ? ackward ? LOL sorry no ABC spelling check **** here

like its a habit to always buy when u run out, and its a habit to just smoke after school, or when you go out

thats what i reckon anyways, cos i know i can stop anytime i want - its just when i go drink i always have a ciggerette

LOL talking about drinking, omgg not tooo good full drank tonight on an empty stomach LOL so who saw me at the meet

i didnt even get out my friends car HAHAHA too akward ? ackward ? LOL sorry no ABC spelling check **** here

yeh thats so true but i think how long you have smoked also plays a part in how easy it is to kick the habit and also how "OCD" obsessive compulsive disorder prone you are

what happend did u throw infront of your mates?

yeh thats so true but i think how long you have smoked also plays a part in how easy it is to kick the habit and also how "OCD" obsessive compulsive disorder prone you are

what happend did u throw infront of your mates?

hahas man ive been smoking ever since yr7 LOL its on and off but, like i was off for a year then went back on cos i kept hanging with the wrong people i guess?

lols nah man throwing up infront of my friends - who hasnt seen that HAHA

just dont feel too good atm, got heavy head mms . gay

yeh i was in yr 7 when i started aswell and yeh it is to do with peer pressure and wrong poeple ... dont worry i was so sick once a 30 min drive home took 2 hrs this was when i was younger the first time when i got drunk .

drink some orange juice iv heard a rumour that helps when you feel that way try it and let me know ?

Edited by xoxo_BLONDIE_xoxo

yeh i was in yr 7 when i started aswell and yeh it is to do with peer pressure and wrong poeple ... dont worry i was so sick once a 30 min drive home took 2 hrs this was when i was younger the first time when i got drunk .

drink some orange juice iv heard a rumour that helps when you feel that way try it and let me know ?

lols oh mine wasnt peer pressure, it was just boredom and then just started from there i guess

i think i was the one who pressured my olda sister to smoke too and now i think shes like druggo =x

anyways LOL cbf going downstairs to get OJ, too cold

lols man i had to pi5s in a park today that was so gross

and yennora maccas had no TISSUES in their toliets lol shivers*

Edited by mrs.sportivo

A habit is an addiction, its just a word used to make an addiction seem less than it is. I know I'm hard on smokers, but they should think about what the smoke does to other people who end up with no choice but the breathe it in <_<

and yennora maccas had no TISSUES in their toliets lol shivers*

No bucket of water? :lol:

Everyone has their own cure for hangovers. I prefer the sports drink before sleeping/passing out, it beats waiting to sober up before sleeping :lol:

Peer Pressure is a soft excuse for people being too weak to say no....

If a group of your 'peers' force you to do something, ie hold you down, threaten you, restrain you etc etc until you do something, then this can fall within the realm of 'peer pressure', however it also becomes an illegal activity. 'Illegal Detention', 'Unlawful Use Of Force, 'Abuse' etc etc etc.....

Everybody has the right, the will, the desire and the ability to make their own decisions in life. People start activities like drinking, smoking, drugs, sex, criminal activities etc etc etc then blame 'Peer Pressure' and use it as some type of lame a$$ excuse to help justify why they made a potentially wrong, immoral, illegal or just plain bad decision.

Background: I grew up in some pretty horrible, violent, detestable, dirty and often abusive group homes, foster homes and placements. Everything from hard drugs, alcohol, sex and serious crimes like assault, burglery, robbery and often sexual assaults were around me from around age 8 or 9 onwards. I had more than enough opportunity to be involved with these activities, but every step of the way I made the decision to say no to them.

I chose NOT to take drugs...

I chose NOT to drink...

I chose NOT to commit offences...

I chose NOT to assault people...

I chose NOT to break into house....

The 3 key words in my phrases are "I CHOSE NOT..." and this is a decision that EVERY person has the right AND the responsibility to make. Not fall gullible to these events and actions then try and sugercoat is as 'Peer Pressure'...

And for the record, I was not the exception to the crowd either, I have many friends as well as family that were in the same situations with me and made the right decisions.

Just think about the crap your going to do before you do it, make the decision YOU want to make, and if the people around you are giving you a hard time for making your decision, then these people are not your friends, they are not people you need in your life.

Think back to school when someone offered you your first drag on a cigarette.....if you said no, what would those people have said? What realistically do you think they would have done? Do you honestly think that they would have held you down and not let you go until you sucked on that durry....??? I doubt it very very much....

Sorry, I have seen too many people in my life have the ability of saying no, but were too soft to do so, then gloss it over as 'Peer Pressure'.....

End Rant!!!!

A habit is an addiction, its just a word used to make an addiction seem less than it is. I know I'm hard on smokers, but they should think about what the smoke does to other people who end up with no choice but the breathe it in <_<

lols im sorry, im gunna have to disagree there

a habit is something you always do, like u always pick ur butt before u get out of bed ? [like u want it] LMFAO

an addiction would be "Uncontrollable craving & seeking", [like u need it]

get me ? LOL

...a habit is something you always do, like u always pick ur butt before u get out of bed ? [like u want it] LMFAO

get me ? LOL

You've been smoking since year 7 .... so how many packs a week do you go through? (And don't lie to us now ;) )

If you would feel even remotely sad/cranky/generally worse if you didn't get to fulfil that habit - then you are addicted, my dear.

Superdave and Azza - completely agreed - in fact, that is seriously MotM material right there.

Just as people can choose not to drink so much, and choose not to blame whatever they did on alcohol - the same applies to any other substance.

Superdave - I agree everyone has the choice to do what they want. Which means non smokers should also have the choice not to breathe it in. Which means (or so I propose) that smokers should have to ask the people walking 20 metres behind them whether they will mind if they blow a big puff of smoke...

Azza - Very good to see someone stand up for general standards for a change. A lot of people would let you off the hook for smoking/drinking/drugs with the excuse of "but at least he isn't doing armed robberies or stealing cars...". I say Kudos to you for keeping your choices consistent across the board... noone forces you puff that whole pack of cigarettes, therefore noone can excuse you for smoking them either....

...a habit is something you always do, like u always pick ur butt before u get out of bed ? [like u want it] LMFAO

get me ? LOL

You've been smoking since year 7 .... so how many packs a week do you go through? (And don't lie to us now ;) )

If you would feel even remotely sad/cranky/generally worse if you didn't get to fulfil that habit - then you are addicted, my dear.

lols i go through maybe ONE deck every 2 weeks ?

i dont smoke when im at home, i only smoke when im out with friends or drinking

like i said before lol i can quit anytime i want, i know i can - its just i like to have a ciggerette with my drinks ( gets the bad taste away )

i dont get sad or cranky when i dont have my ciggerette LOL

you wanna drink your guts out and smoke yourself to bits, go ahead....just don't ask me for a lung or liver!

lols u know what, im actually a donor as well

im donating my lungs, kidneys, liver, and pancreas .. i wanna keep my heart and skin but, lol

dont flare, lols saying " oh why donate if u drink and smoke ", well look the person can either die - or get a smoke infested lung which will prob last them more years to come if the person doesnt smoke or drink themselves

yarh ? LOL

just thought i'd do the heads up

I think you'll find that a smoke infested organ would be unsuitable for transplant anyhow (noone will transplant an organ that will need to be transplanted again in a few years)...

...so as nice a gesture as it may be, your membership to the donation scheme effectively serves as nothing other than a justification to yourself for bad habits.

Back on topic, please...

THERE ARE 8 PEOPLE WHO HAVE VOTED THAT ALCOHOL LAWS IN THIS COUNTRY ARE TOO HARSH !!!!!! :blink: WTF????

(7 people - if you minus Nelson)

Edited by Leroy

I think you'll find that a smoke infested organ would be unsuitable for transplant anyhow (noone will transplant an organ that will need to be transplanted again in a few years)...

...so as nice a gesture as it may be, your membership to the donation scheme effectively serves as nothing other than a justification to yourself for bad habits.

lols, better than nothing and my pancreas still might be worth something

edit: lol sorry just re-read what u said again and well .. dying now or dying 3 years later when u see ur kid getting married - which ones better ?

i think the doctor's will transplate a smoke infested organ ( unless its so bad that the lung is gunna die out in 3 months time ) no matter what, since australia lacks in donors

lol come on people ! donate some bloooood if u dont want ur organs to be cut out of you

u know each time u go to the blood bank u save 3 lives lol and u loose weight too ? plus it doesnt hurt

WE NEED O-NEGATIVE BLOOOOOOOD

Edited by mrs.sportivo

edit: lol sorry just re-read what u said again and well .. dying now or dying 3 years later when u see ur kid getting married - which ones better ?

i think the doctor's will transplate a smoke infested organ ( unless its so bad that the lung is gunna die out in 3 months time ) no matter what, since australia lacks in donors

lol come on people ! donate some bloooood if u dont want ur organs to be cut out of you

u know each time u go to the blood bank u save 3 lives lol and u loose weight too ? plus it doesnt hurt

Some people just have no idea...looks like the damage has already been done.

Some of my work revolves around the AODR (Australian Organ Donor Register), and I can tell you straight away that there is no way in hell they would use ANYTHING from a donor that is damaged in any way.

There is a specific screening program within the Register that prevents the use of such organs. Not only are the organs examined, but the actual donor is as well.

Edited by KptzS Heinz Fredrikkson

Some of my work revolves around the AODR (Australian Organ Donor Register), and I can tell you straight away that there is no way in hell they would use ANYTHING from a donor that is damaged in any way.

There is a specific screening program within the Register that prevents the use of such organs. Not only are the organs examined, but the actual donor is as well.

yeah i think it also works the same way if you have been smoking/drinking for long time and you need a organ you cant get one because it was self inflicted or something like that ???? can any one tell me more about that ????