Remote release power rear door (ZZE123R)

Is it possible to have one of these like those on the Kluger Grande? Won't be it nice and easy? Press a button and the boot opens and then press again and then it closes. All by itself. handy when you have lots of shopping. Looking at for the Hatch of course.

Anyone any ideas?

http://www.toyota.com.au/toyota/vehicle/Co...31_1732,00.html

I'd say it's possible but.....modding your boot door to do this?

Is the cost worth it, custom mechanisms hmmm?

And at the end of the day still not sure if there is enough space to put the parts for this to happen lol.

I'd say it's possible but.....modding your boot door to do this?

Is the cost worth it, custom mechanisms hmmm?

And at the end of the day still not sure if there is enough space to put the parts for this to happen lol.

Ken san,

I'm sure it will fit la...........

The Corolla hatch door is just slightly smaller/lighter than the Kluger ............ there should be some dodgy (or not) mechanic doing this 5h!t. I saw it a couple days ago outside my wrk place so it got me interested..... and wonder if its possible on a rola hatch since its pretty much the same kinda door.... or lack thereof :)

Get it done for the rice factor then hahah. I wanna see it done on your car. Hey we're like doing all this stuff to our cars hand in hand :yahoo:

Get it done for the rice factor then hahah. I wanna see it done on your car. Hey we're like doing all this stuff to our cars hand in hand :yahoo:

yeah yeah....we should meet up and get some fly lice .... together.......

Yeah it's been awhile since I've had some nice traditional azn fri rice, though I'm stuck studying till the 23rd :help:

Yeah it's been awhile since I've had some nice traditional azn fri rice, though I'm stuck studying till the 23rd :help:

Plenty of time to prepare. Where abouts you located? kolourhero should come toooooooooooooooooooo

Wish our corollas came with hydraulic arms for the bonnet!!!

hmmmm! that would be easy id think pinch some struts off another model wouldnt take much to get the measurments right

Wish our corollas came with hydraulic arms for the bonnet!!!

those gas struts tht holds it up? get it from ebay.. they fit alrite..

I have been searching for days ........... eBay doesn't stock it...... dang....

I'm sure they'll come up sometime soon. Items come and go. Gotta be constantly searching and they'll eventually appear.

I'm sure they'll come up sometime soon. Items come and go. Gotta be constantly searching and they'll eventually appear.

There is always that hope .....

after 30 second search on ebay i found this: Item number: 200223014662. buy it now price $29.95 + 12.95 postage.

looks like a kit you could probebly get from jaycar or at least buy the individual parts @ jaycar... its a simple solenoid job with a switch.

hope this helps guys!

after 30 second search on ebay i found this: Item number: 200223014662. buy it now price $29.95 + 12.95 postage.

looks like a kit you could probebly get from jaycar or at least buy the individual parts @ jaycar... its a simple solenoid job with a switch.

hope this helps guys!

Thanks JJ but I've seen this before and unfortunately is not the right application for the hatch as the hatch already has a handle to open the boot from the rear. This suits better on boots for sedan.

Thanks again but this isn't the thing :)

anyone had a closer look at the kluger door? what mechanism is actually pushing the door out? im guessing its only the central locking + a solenoid to push it out.. cant be too complicated

to put it simply, i need a (or two) mechanise hydraulic attached to either side of the boot of my hatch and when I command it to, will open all the way to the top and when I'm done with it (and if i'm done with it), it will come down .... all by itself ..... to close the boot / rear door.

All this doing while I could be standing around just looking at it go up and down, lifting only 1 finger ............

:D

The boot release that are common now a days are only for sedan which pops open the boot at a touch of a button. You got to do the rest manually including closing the boot :P I'm after 1 step higher in laziness ...........

is that what the kluger rear door does? it goes down when you tell it to?

not literally. U do it via the button on the remote.

Just check out the ebay item just wondering how will they attach the button to the remote coz most toyota remote only have 1 button rite.. or the button just gonna be attach sumwhere in the car??

by the way isnt the new tarago also have remote passenger doors where they can slide open and close using remote?? or is that only in the overseas mode?

ebay item

hope this helps guys!

Edited by Mac

looks as though the actual button would be placed somewhere around the dash within the drivers reach. im only guessing, but it makes sense, since other cheap techy aftermarket stuff like immobilizers, subwoofer levels, neon light switches etc usually have enough wire to reach into the front drivers area.

this ebay item says works with "any car or van". regardless of hatch or sedan, whatever. id say youd need to do some modifications (ie. cutting) to the door to create space for the solenoid, since it looks as though you cant just bolt this on to the hatch door.

its doable, but it looks like too much DIY guess work involved, all this work so you can can be lazy later on?? probebly wont work after a while... but yea if youre game to give this a go, best of luck.

if you want something that opens and closes, i suggest an actuator mechanism of some sort.

Edited by J_J