Seatbelt Chime Sensors for the Passenger

fish475

This evening I went down to the local for a 6pk Of Crownies, only a short trip.

The 6pk was placed on the front passenger seat. After turning out of the bottleshop drivway. I heard the warning passenger seat belt chime twice.

Thought to me self, ha what tha.

Then further down the road the chime went off again with about two chimes.

Then it dawned on me that the seat must have a weight sensor in it to make the chime go of when not buckled.

So with me left hand I pressed down on the 6pk and yep, a constant chime was heard.

Taken since Nov 07 to work that one out.

The LED beam that shines down on the console took me two months to find out. As I usually have a beer after work (.05) and didn't drive at night during daylight savings.

This evening I went down to the local for a 6pk Of Crownies, only a short trip.

The 6pk was placed on the front passenger seat. After turning out of the bottleshop drivway. I heard the warning passenger seat belt chime twice.

Thought to me self, ha what tha.

Then further down the road the chime went off again with about two chimes.

Then it dawned on me that the seat must have a weight sensor in it to make the chime go of when not buckled.

So with me left hand I pressed down on the 6pk and yep, a constant chime was heard.

Taken since Nov 07 to work that one out.

The LED beam that shines down on the console took me two months to find out. As I usually have a beer after work (.05) and didn't drive at night during daylight savings.

Not sure how advanced the seat sensors are on the kluger. but i imagine its a pretty straight forward pressure type switch that activates after a certain amount of weight is detected. probably the reason it chimed every now and then was that some other g-forces were acting as extra weight on the six-pack, like going around a corner, going down a rise bump etc.... I used to have an old 1977 volvo that head seat belt sensors in the seat that worked much the same way. As for finding out about the led, i wouldnt worry too much about that ;) it took me 6 months to discover how to lock my car doors from the inside on our other car:whistling:

Garry, if the 6-pack was setting off the seatbelt alarm it means it was too heavy because you weren't drinking that amber nectar quick enough :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Garry, if the 6-pack was setting off the seatbelt alarm it means it was too heavy because you weren't drinking that amber nectar quick enough :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Yep, understand the message,

BUT.

I live on the out skirts of our country town on the side a mountain (well a big hill) and da bugger me. There've had the mini booze bus up in our little humble street on several occassions last summer and the yr before.:( :(

Best I wait untill I get home. Especially when the boat & two wheel license is at risk along way.

Next time I'll just get five.

:)

Nice one Garry.

I am sure the weight sensor is in the driver and passenger seats. It is only a wire to the pressure sensor giving an all or nothing signal (via ECU or not) to the chime. If you wanna disable it, just identify the wire and cut it.

Shouldn't you be using the seatbelt to protect the beer anyway? Any time I have cases on a car seat I put the belt on, don't want precious beer wasted on carpet.