Stolen battery now no central locking..?

wilko

Just bought my Camry a week ago and I walked out to the carpark after work to find that my battery had been stolen from it and the doors were unlocked. I don't remember if i left it unlocked or if they got into the car somehow. Regardless whoever did it stole my battery :S.

Got a new battery and the car is fine except that now I can't lock the car from my driver's side door and bent my key trying. It locks on the drivers side with a bit of effort and locks and unlocks on the passenger side like normal.

Should I see an auto electrition or something?

Thanks!

Edited by wilko

Just bought my Camry a week ago and I walked out to the carpark after work to find that my battery had been stolen from it and the doors were unlocked. I don't remember if i left it unlocked or if they got into the car somehow. Regardless whoever did it stole my battery :S.

Got a new battery and the car is fine except that now I can't lock the car from my driver's side door and bent my key trying. It locks on the drivers side with a bit of effort and locks and unlocks on the passenger side like normal.

Should I see an auto electrition or something?

Thanks!

hmm... im not sure mate... but it could be people who opened your car who actually did something bad to it??

coz from my past experience, the older type car, you can actually open the door with a steel 1 metre ruler..... stick it just under the driver side window...

it could be the problem... but yeah.. just a thought mate.... maybe the best thing to do is see a mechanic?

hope it helps :D

I just looked at both key holes on the doors and my drivers side one has definently been messed with :(. Still don't know why someone would steel a battery but at least I know that I didnt leave it open.

I just looked at both key holes on the doors and my drivers side one has definently been messed with :(. Still don't know why someone would steel a battery but at least I know that I didnt leave it open.

oh yeah... that means it confirms that they trying to force it open.. and it could relates to the issue that i posted above.. * COULD BE * :P does your car has alarm? because its really rare that someone opens up a car just to steal a battery? <_< <_< really weird... any cameras on the car park? gee... people steal every thing nowadays :(

Edited by LEGEND888

No alarm think i'll have to invest in one. I don't think they broke into the car just to steal the battery since all the compartments were open.

Still even the you would have to either be full of balls or empty of brains to take the time to go into a car park and take the time to steal a car battery.

EDIT: Actually would you know of any good alarm systems for my model car?? Thanks for replying btw!

Edited by wilko

No alarm think i'll have to invest in one. I don't think they broke into the car just to steal the battery since all the compartments were open.

Still even the you would have to either be full of balls or empty of brains to take the time to go into a car park and take the time to steal a car battery.

HAHAHAHA!! i mean.... did you have any valuables items sticking out tho? like mobiles or gps hanging around the car? if they looking for something, they might just smash your window or something... T_T i just dont get it why these people go into a car park and start trying to unlock the car.... haahhahahha.....

yeah.... these days we have to be extra carefull.... nowadays i always try to park my car where its on my sight... eg in a restaurant or just in a shop. but its kinda hard to do it on a shopping centre... haha.. oh well.. just see a mechanic im sure they wil lbe able to help you :D

Bad news, sorry to hear about it!

If someone's tried forced entry, would that be covered under insurance?

And yeah... I'd be investing in an immobiliser as well... you'd never think they'd ever go for your car ay?? Hehehe..

my dad's hilux (1999 model) was broken into aswell. they totally screwed the lock on the passenger side front door, now you can't lock or unlock it at all.

that sort of thing wouldn't be worth claiming on your insurance though. it will probably cost less to replace the lock than for your claim excess, which may also increase your premium the next year