1.3L vs 1.5L Yaris

kevinc

Hello proud Yaris owners,

I'm on a low carbon diet and am looking closely at the Yaris as my next car. Is the rule of thumb that a 1.3 litre Yaris is a 'city' car and the 1.5 litre the highway/intercity car?

I will be driving mostly highway/intercity in south east Queensland and am considering the manual version. How close are the published fuel consumption figures to real world driving?

I found discountnewcars.com.au to shop around for a price. My attention was drawn to recent published surveys showing the Yaris owner as the 'most satisfied' and another survey showing the Hyundai Getz as the 'cheapest to run'. I also love the Hyundai website which makes a search very easy.

Are there any 'hidden' issues with the Yaris to be aware of, - it certainly looks good in the flesh and on paper specs.

Any owner comments appreciated,

Thanks

kevinc

Ive had my Yaris YRS 1.5L for nearly a year now and have had no problems at all. its great zipping around the CBD and great on the highways. i wouldn't go for the 1.3L, just a personal opinion.

you wont be dissapionted in a yaris 1.5L

:)

We drove both 1.3 and 1.5 both manuals. The 1.3 seemed too busy all the time. So we bought the 1.5 just seemed a little nicer. And i also beleve the 1.5 has taller gearing than the 1.3. So i think take off performance is about the same. So i think at highway speed the 1.5 would rev lower, hence use prob less fuel than the 1.3 anyway.

Go for the 1.5 it's just nicer to live with.

Edited by linzz82

in the sedan it is quite hard to see where the from starts and the back ends.... makes it a bit of a bitch when parking.

Thats my experience and im 175cm tall.

I know what you mean, - but I think all the 'roundish' shape cars are now like that now.

Ive had my Yaris YRS 1.5L for nearly a year now and have had no problems at all. its great zipping around the CBD and great on the highways. i wouldn't go for the 1.3L, just a personal opinion.

you wont be dissapionted in a yaris 1.5L

:)

thanks for the tip.

We drove both 1.3 and 1.5 both manuals. The 1.3 seemed too busy all the time. So we bought the 1.5 just seemed a little nicer. And i also beleve the 1.5 has taller gearing than the 1.3. So i think take off performance is about the same. So i think at highway speed the 1.5 would rev lower, hence use prob less fuel than the 1.3 anyway.

Ok thanks for the tip.

i tried the 1.3 and 1.5 auto Yaris in toyota shop, they are also petrol saver .. i would take 1.5 because a bit faster..

in the sedan it is quite hard to see where the from starts and the back ends.... makes it a bit of a bitch when parking.

Thats my experience and im 175cm tall.

sound funny.. i'm also 175cm.. .let me try try next time! bitch parking!! ha