Toyota Camry Sportivo V6 fuel consumption

jackal

G'day all,

I currently own a 2000 Mitsubishi Magna TJ VR-X (3.5L V6) and am currently looking to downgrade due to the high fuel consumption of the Mitsu.

I’m looking at buying a 2004 Toyota Camry Sportivo V6, but am wondering what the difference in fuel consumption would be between the two cars. As I mentioned I am looking at the V6 for the extra power and features, however if fuel consumption is going to be virtually the same as the Mitsu is defeats the purpose :rolleyes:

Any help WRT this is appreciated

depends how much you want to spend, id rather go an aurion for power and fuel saving. i dont think they drink that much but say about 10ltr/100km (correct me if im wrong). my camry (gen6) drinks about 7ltr - 8ltrs) if i shift gears before 3000rpm and if i full throttle it, its about 8-9ltrs/100km.

Hey i "upgraded" i had a 2001 magna advance, with an exhaust and a system in it and i was getting about 500 - 575 per tank and most my driving was about 30 kms on highway a day, i since bought a 4 cyl '03 sportivo and i have done 540 with 1/3rd of a tank left, i mean the 4 cylinder isn't the fastest thing, but i find that it is very zippy off the line. Im guessing that the V6 would be a little better than the Magna, on fuel, but i mean it really depends how you drive it, and really the condition of the car. Sorry this isn't much help but from someone that has driven a magna, i would definately say the sportivo is so much better to drive.

I've got a 2004 upgrade sportivo v6 with an auto transmission, and like everyone has said so far, it depends on how you drive it. I live in Melbourne, which is notorious for it's intense stop-start traffic around peak hour, and driving from my house to the city via main roads I might average around 13L/100km, but on the freeway I average between 9L-10.5L/100km. For a manual I imagine you would have slightly better fuel consumption.

The other weekend I went for a cruise around the Yarra ranges, and I got 570km out of a tank on 98 octane petrol. But driving to and from work over a week I might get around 450-470km out of it.

Hope this helps.

The 1mz engines isnt the most fuel efficient engine when driven hard. But driven normally you can quite easily get around 10L/100km and under that if there's highway driving as well. Even with a charger sitting on top of mine, I still get about 12-13L/100km with practically no highway driving and occasionally giving it some. Thats an auto too.

Edited by STYLSH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a 02 v6 auto sportivo.

It all really depends on your driving. I live semi-rural with a billion traffic lights the highest I ever got was 16.8l, average around 12.5 mark, and freeway driving about 10.

wow this is an old topic just realised, probably no longer valid

Edited by charlie27

• 3 weeks later...