Wireless Remote on Key for Ascent?

I m just wondering if my type of Corolla, Ascent, has the remote control integrated in the key... I m currently using an external remote (with only one button, press to lock and press again to unlock the doors) with my key. I heard people saying that only the Conquest model has that type of key. Do you guys know where i can find that kind of key? From Toyota Dealer? How much does it cost (roughly)?

Cheers,

Khiem

My key

Photo23.jpg

Photo29.jpg

Edited by KHIEM

thanks for your answer. I dont know if i can actually get one on ebay cos i dont know how can they have a key that is exactly like mine... do u have any link or website? Can I get the good key from Toyota?

I have seen this one here: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3-BUTTONS-REMOTE-KE...1QQcmdZViewItem look very stylish. Do you guys think all the buttons will work and do they sell that anywhere in SA?

It says the key does not come with the transponder chip, we should replace our curent transponder chip in. If my existing key is like that (the one i show in post #1), where can i get my transponder chip?

Thanks

Edited by KHIEM

I have seen this one here: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3-BUTTONS-REMOTE-KE...1QQcmdZViewItem look very stylish. Do you guys think all the buttons will work and do they sell that anywhere in SA?

It says the key does not come with the transponder chip, we should replace our curent transponder chip in. If my existing key is like that (the one i show in post #1), where can i get my transponder chip?

Thanks

You should be really careful with purchasing remote control or keys from ebay because the remote or keys with remote only work on specific systems they match with.

If you have rolla, then you should look for rolla one (same model) otherwise they mostly won't work on your car.

Also, I doubt you can get the transfonder chip separately cos the chip normally placed in the black plastic handle (where Toyota logo shows) of your key.

The best way I suggest is asking toyota parts department first.

They will let you know if there is one you wanted.

I have aurion and the key with transfonder chip costs $120.

I guess rolla one would be much cheaper tho.

If you already have blank key with transfonder chip in it, the key cutting & programming for immobilizer system normally costs about $60 at toyota service.

That remote is a Vision Australia sourced remote - i.e. earlier Ascents did not have remote locking included in the body module from the factory, hence no Fujitsu key (type with buttons in key). When Toyota Australia complianced your vehicle, they installed the Vision remote module in under the dash pre-programmed with a couple of remotes. You cannot use a Fujitsu key with your vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...
I have aurion and the key with transfonder chip costs $120.

I just got a new ascent a few weeks ago that has a key the same as THIS (but with just the lock and unlock buttons) and the dealer told me if I lose the key its $300+ to replace!