Aurion Smart Key

Mohit

Hi i am not sure if i am in the right spot. Has anyone successfully bought the ebay remotes and reprogrammed them as a spare key? My spare was damaged beyond repair and toyota says a new one will be at least $400.

Regards

Dave biggrin.gif

I has bought smart key and mini VCI TIS techtream USB cable and software 7.10.30 from Ebay.

The mini VCI TIS techstream USB and software seems able to conect good with my Aurion Presara, and it have an utility for register the new smart key.

But I was unable to program the key I bought from Ebay. During the programming process, the utility seemed able to recognise both registered key and the new key, but at the end the registration process for the new key was failed. (The utility was able to detect that my car have 01 registered key and there 06 free unregistration keys available)

I wonder there could be one of the follow 02 reasons:

1. The module immobiliser in my car have some communication problem (may be hardness connection problem), so it was unable to register the new key. The car can't connect to immobiliser module -> communication error.

2. The key I bought was faulty

But from my opinion, the first reason is more likely, but I don't know how to check and solve it

I am living in Brisbane, I would be appreciate if any owner of an Aurion with smartkey system can let me to test the software and key with his car.

My email tuanbeo9@hotmail.com

Thank you

Tuan

If it's not an issue with your key I would say that it is with the Techstream if it is a Chinese knock- off one, a lot of the stuff from China can't do what it says it can.

In saying that though there are a couple of suppliers that I get stuff from in China that sell good stuff like the emergency keys ans remotes a lot cheaper than Toyota.I haven't had a chance to test them though.

Hi,

I don't think this is problem with Ebay TIS Techstream (yet it is from Hongkong, China), but the problem with my car (may be ID Code Box or Certification ECU ...) but I don't know how to check it

The reason of my opinion it that before buying the TIS Techstream, I have bring the car and key to Toyota Authorised Service in Brisbane, but they was unable to program the key as well, said the key is faulty, and quote me around 650$ for new key ?!

I one again contact with one popular Locksmith, but one again they was unable to program it, the Locksmith technic used special computer, which even need to be charge from the software vendor via Mobile Card for each time they do a programming.

The system seemed recoginised the registered key, the new unregistered key (we can here the sound and the computer screen passed to the next step, but finally failed to register the new key). The Locksmith technical seems not very experience person with this kind of car, and said he is unable to code it, and I still have to pay for their service ?!

Then I bought the TIS Techstream mini VCI, it seems to recognised most of modules in my car but not immobiliser module.

When trying to register the new key using its utility, I saw the same problem which happened at Locksmith.

So what I wonder it that new and old keys are both some what recoginised by car ECU, but for a reason the new key was unable to be registered, and suppose the reason is my car immobilizer module problem (ID Code Box or Certification ECU or hardness wire somewhere with them...) or may be the new key itself was faulty ?!

I would appreciate if someone in Brisbane could let me try to register his key with my car to find out the problem is the key faulty (I am pretty sure it will not harm your key at all) or not or someone could help me to find and solve my immobilizer problem

It is also opportunity for one to see how the TIS Techstream mini VCI works, cause the software can should you many things about the car, even with graphic display, online monitoring such idle rpm, speed, ....

Thank you

Tuan

If it's not an issue with your key I would say that it is with the Techstream if it is a Chinese knock- off one, a lot of the stuff from China can't do what it says it can.

In saying that though there are a couple of suppliers that I get stuff from in China that sell good stuff like the emergency keys ans remotes a lot cheaper than Toyota.I haven't had a chance to test them though.

Hi i am not sure if i am in the right spot. Has anyone successfully bought the ebay remotes and reprogrammed them as a spare key? My spare was damaged beyond repair and toyota says a new one will be at least $400.

Regards

Dave biggrin.gif

I has bought smart key and mini VCI TIS techtream USB cable and software 7.10.30 from Ebay.

The mini VCI TIS techstream USB and software seems able to conect good with my Aurion Presara, and it have an utility for register the new smart key.

But I was unable to program the key I bought from Ebay. During the programming process, the utility seemed able to recognise both registered key and the new key, but at the end the registration process for the new key was failed. (The utility was able to detect that my car have 01 registered key and there 06 free unregistration keys available)

I wonder there could be one of the follow 02 reasons:

1. The module immobiliser in my car have some communication problem (may be hardness connection problem), so it was unable to register the new key. The car can't connect to immobiliser module -> communication error.

2. The key I bought was faulty

But from my opinion, the first reason is more likely, but I don't know how to check and solve it

I am living in Brisbane, I would be appreciate if any owner of an Aurion with smartkey system can let me to test the software and key with his car.

My email tuanbeo9@hotmail.com

Thank you

Tuan

• 9 months later...

I went to Toyota service again, they tried to register my E-bay key and it was unsuccessful

I then decide to buy a new key from them (AUD 410), and it work, and pay for service ~AUD 70 (half of a hour service charge)

So it seems that the key bought from E-bay for Avalon or Camry from US, which have all the same ID and part number might not be suitable for use with Australian Aurion car (I may be wrong if my E-bay key was faulty)

I have tried out some of the Chinese Prox keys. The frequency reads correctly in them and also the transponder chip in them reads properly yet the car still doesn't recognize them. I know a few people that have tried them too and found the same thing. The only thing that these Chinese ones are good for is to have replacement case for your key.

Don't go off the I.D numbers on the key either, remember that they copied the key, including the stickers.