Dilema Rockford HE2 12 Enclosure HELP!!!!!!!!

Grey-Rolla

Hey guys finally putting my sub in, but ive got a problem....Ive got a single RF HE2 12, i need to get a box for it preferably sloted or vented. I saw a Q Max box for sale, the box i think i smaller than specs recommended by RF. So my question is would it matter if the sub box is bigger or smaller? Also the diameter of the Q Max box is different, would this effect sound quality?? For Ported is bigger better?

RF HE2 Specs Vented Box: (2.0ft3) (56.63 L) H: 45.7.2cm - W: 52.07cm - D:35.56

Q Max Specs: (1.4ft3) (39L) H: 34 cm- W: 45cm - D: 50cm

The Qmax box is $120

Does anyone know where i can get a custom box made? and roughly how much would it cost?

Cheers guy....

Hey guys finally putting my sub in, but ive got a problem....Ive got a single RF HE2 12, i need to get a box for it preferably sloted or vented. I saw a Q Max box for sale, the box i think i smaller than specs recommended by RF. So my question is would it matter if the sub box is bigger or smaller? Also the diameter of the Q Max box is different, would this effect sound quality?? For Ported is bigger better?

RF HE2 Specs Vented Box: (2.0ft3) (56.63 L) H: 45.7.2cm - W: 52.07cm - D:35.56

Q Max Specs: (1.4ft3) (39L) H: 34 cm- W: 45cm - D: 50cm

The Qmax box is $120

Does anyone know where i can get a custom box made? and roughly how much would it cost?

Cheers guy....

is the Qmax sealed or ported?

if it isn't you will not notice it incredibly but ur bass might not sound as loud and thumpy as it should be with those specs.

it also depends on what type of music you listen to, ported will suit rnb and bassy songs

i suggest building your own, its good fun and you will probably be paying half of what that Qmax box costs but it depends if you can be bothered or not.

i aint good with tools too, but i did end up building my whole boot myself, which is still under construction, but everytime i open my boot it gives me that joy feeling that money cant buy. Wood is only about $12-$18 for 18mm mdf 1200x900.

• 1 month later...

hey dude, im pretty sure autobarn do installs.

or there is that car place in merrylands near the kfc. they look like they do that stuff.

anywayz, how would you like it built? just regular box style or moulded into one side of your boot?

Edited by J_J