[Melb] Great Ocean Road cruise Sun 6th Feb

Hey Melb people,

For those of you who want to take on the twisties of the Great Ocean Road, my car club (Exclusive) is organising an annual G.O.R. cruise on the 6th Feb (Sunday). This would be the 4th year we are running it, and it's been really successful each year so far.

Let me know if you're interested in going. You'll meet some new people! Some of you have been to Exclusive events before so you know what it's like. The club is Japanese-car oriented, with a hint of Euro. And the purpose of the club is for people to meet each other who share the same interests in cars.

Details here: http://www.exclusive-auto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3813

Every year as many of you know Exclusive holds a GOR Cruise. Its that time of year again. As always we hope to make this event as successful as the previous years. Details might get updated so check back here once in a while.

Details:

What: Exclusive Motorsports Annual Great Ocean Road Cruise

Where: Todd Road Shell/KFC (On West Gate Fwy, Melway 56 H1)

When: 6th February 05, 9AM Meet-Up Strict 10AM DEPARTURE

Who: Everybody and anybody is welcome to attend, this includes pets.

We will be heading over the West Gate Fwy, Geelong, Colac, Warnambool, Apollo Bay and Anglesea. Petrol and food stops have been planned along this extensive route and as usual cruise sheets will be made available to our members on a first come first serve basis.

Pre-Meet:

East: Glen Waverly EG Cafe, 8:30AM, 8:45AM Departure Strictly.

West: As per departure details.

Make sure to keep this date open. Here are some pics of last years cruise:

IMG_1533.jpg

100_0153.jpg

Edited by Cougs

Hey Everyone,

This is an excellent and very well organised event.

Exclusive are quite experienced and professional in their approach to organising cruises / events and if you've ever gone along to one, you'll know that they're heaps of fun, pretty big and everyone who turns up is very easy going. Not to mention - lots of nice cars.

Another good thing, like us they don't tolerate anything reckless, so you know when you turn up, you'll have lots of fun and no trouble.

Hope to see everyone else there !

Carlo

john i will be there! the other john in the corolla should be coming too.

for anyone who wants to go but do not know anyone else come meet me at the pre-meet in glen waverley.

Sounds Good.

Why not have a pre-meet at Cafe Krema so people from the west can attend?

p.s. need a few more exclusive stickers.

aahhh mad wog! :) We're meeting at Todd Road so might be easier if you just meet us there?

Pending on how many west side boys are going, we may organise a west-side premeet! I will keep you informed buddy.

Thanks guys, look forward to seeing ya'll there.

Where is Pecker these days?

Edited by Cougs

mm rice.. im hungry

A few of us just did a test run of the route we will be taking this Sunday... and it is AWESOME! Plenty of twisties, plenty of fun! Let's just hope the weather stays good till then! :) :)

Thanks Kcorro for coming, and boo to those who rang/sms me saying "sorry I slept in". For those of you who missed out... haha!

go so many stories to tell, but I'm too tired, so I'll tell them tomororw!

We had 31 cars at one stage or another of our cruise, thanks to those who came.

my photos can be found here:

http://www.exclusive-auto.org/gallery/05gorJL/

There one bit where it was 3 corollas + IS200 + other random corolla's crusing around the twisties... lots of fun!

Hope to see you guys next time!

only me came from atoc where was the rest of you hiding? i saw a silver sportivo on the freeway going towards todd road was that you sport1vo? i did try to call you last night to tell you what time but you did not answer.

john photos are great as always! i had a great time and yes only 3 corollas was in our team but along the way i would have saw 30 corollas.

Good to hear it was a good one.

I was looking outside all day yesterday - seeing the great weather and wishing I was there :(

I'll have to organise another Mornington/Arthurs Seat Cruise soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...

donza the year you went there was a lot more cars. the is200 was her first cruise ever with any club so knowing members is not important. colac we had the bbq there.

Edited by kcorro

Marcus the Guy on the bike in the pics sorry to say is an idiot not to be wearing proper stuff (and I am glad some people from what I read bought it up) . I have had a motor bike since I was seventeen ..now 40. I don't care what he says you cannot predict when and where you will have an accident....because that is what they precisely are an accident. Tell him to wake up and smell the roses you are never invunerable (though he thinks he is) no matter what experience you have on a motorcycle. I have known guys that have lots of experience ie racing on tracks and road experience who would agree with me, and refuse to not ride without their leathers. If he hit some oil on the road or gravel (which I know there is a heap off the stuff on the Ocean Rd (I have slid while cornering on that road on my bike)) arrogance won't save you or your skin.... My two cents worth. But I hope you enjoyed the drive anyway and glad for his sake he didn't have one cause it would have been you guys picking up the pieces.