A few question about the Corolla range

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone on this board who works at Toyota, or any other member might be able to answer a few questions that I've been wondering about for quite a while now.

First off, why is it that the Sportivo's get a different windscreen to the rest of the Corolla range? I only just started noticing that all Sportivo's windscreen have a blue tint shade on their factory windscreen, where as all the rest of the Corolla ranges have a clear windscreen with no blue tint shade at the top.

And secondly, why is it that it seems (well at least to me anyways), Toyota Australia brings in a set of 4 slimline visors for almost every other Toyota model, except for the Corollas? See, the previous ZZE range didn't have this as an accessory listed (had to be imported), and the current ZRE range also doesn't have it available as an option.

Now, I know these aren't important questions as such, but just somethings I've been wondering.

So let the discussion begin.. :P

- Kenneth

i have the coloured window n im not stivo :P

Serious? Ok wait, is your Corolla built in Japan or SA?

I am coming up with a different theory now - SA built Corolla's get the blue tinted shade windscreens, while the Japan built Corolla's get a clear windscreen with no blue tint shade.

The reason I even took notice in the first place was because, we recently had a tree fall on my levin whilst driving one day, and shattered our windscreen and plenty of damage to the body. Anyways, O'Brien replaced the windscreen under insurance and at first when I saw the new windscreen, I was like - Wow! It's got a nice blue tint at the top to kill out some of the sun's glare. Our original windscreen did not have this, but then I started noticing that all Sportivo's have it, and now Jeremy confirms that his non sportivo has it too.. wth, LOL.

Edited by KT668

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone on this board who works at Toyota, or any other member might be able to answer a few questions that I've been wondering about for quite a while now.

First off, why is it that the Sportivo's get a different windscreen to the rest of the Corolla range? I only just started noticing that all Sportivo's windscreen have a blue tint shade on their factory windscreen, where as all the rest of the Corolla ranges have a clear windscreen with no blue tint shade at the top.

i was starting to realise the same concept aswell.. not just the entire Corolla range.. and i think maybe the anti-glare strip are only to be found on higher spec'd model variants.. like the SA built levin's and s'tivos for example. Reason why that is, i wouldn't have a clue..

when i got my rolla tinted windows some months ago, i was offered to get that strip across the windshield tinted.. in the end i gave it a pass.. i prefer to wear polarised sunnies instead B)