Just Bought a 05' conquest hatch today

Hi guys, Was wondering if anyone could help me here...

just bought a 05 conquest hatch with 42ks on the clock

things that are bad:

car vibrates when put to drive...

so was thinking that i am gonna change all the necessary stuff cause the previous owner dont really looked like he cared alot

1. Spark plugs (hoping the car runs smoother) Q: are they platanium or normal ones. How much did u guys bought the plugs for and where to buy them?

2. Engine oil, what do u guys use for a corolla? 10W-40?

3. Coolant searched through the forum and see some people saying coolant of the facelift version lasts 160,000???

4. transmission fluid: whats the service interval for that?

5. I also need to change 2 tyres, whats relatively cheap and quiet? (from the seller the original ones are noisy)

thanks thanks and thanks again for all contributions...

gday! congrats on purchasing a corolla :P

with regards to all the stuff you were asking about.. you dont necessarily need to go overboard with the parts. there is a thread called "previously covered topics" that should help you out with most of this stuff.

but yea...

regular sparkplugs should do the trick. you can get them at any decent car parts store for less than or around 20 bucks for 4... if you wanna go the iridium type ones which cost more, then go ahead, but if youre only driving the car to work or whatever then i doubt itll make much of a difference.

engine oil sounds about right. but yea that depends on your local climate - how cold/warm it is around your area? is cold mornings the norm in your area or what? if so, if you get the wrong type of oil, then youd have a harder time starting your car up in the morning. best to change it round 5000-10000km (thats the advice i was given - correct me if thats not right anybody!)

coolant... theres heaps of different types... just follow the directions on the bottle and make sure you drain out the old stuff before you put in the new coolant. but just to be sure with any of this stuff, go direct to toyota parts for advice... dont necessarily need to buy from them but yea ask em!

transmission.. not sure bout that.

tyres... i think the original stock tyres on my car were dunlops. lasted heaps long too. but yea im no expert on which brands are best.

anyhoo, hope whatever issues youve inherited from the previous owner dont continue for too long.