2000 TOYOTA COROLLA AE112R Ascent

ussmc

Need Info corolla experts,

I was happily going to buy this car '2000 TOYOTA COROLLA AE112R Ascent' (private seller) till I rang Toyota and found out it's imported. Down goes my hopes.

- Are the parts hard to find here in Melb, Aus?

- Is the maintenance expensive?

- How well can it handle Australia's hot weather? Does the indicator of the engine temperature stays in the middle? Or does it goes up and down?

- Is it reliable like Corollas made in Australia?

- What is actually imported? The engine or the body of the car?

- Is there anything else I need to know?

I'm going to see the seller this Saturday. Need honest answers before Saturday.

kind regards,

ussmc

Need Info corolla experts,

I was happily going to buy this car '2000 TOYOTA COROLLA AE112R Ascent' (private seller) till I rang Toyota and found out it's imported. Down goes my hopes.

- Are the parts hard to find here in Melb, Aus?

- Is the maintenance expensive?

- How well can it handle Australia's hot weather? Does the indicator of the engine temperature stays in the middle? Or does it goes up and down?

- Is it reliable like Corollas made in Australia?

- What is actually imported? The engine or the body of the car?

- Is there anything else I need to know?

I'm going to see the seller this Saturday. Need honest answers before Saturday.

kind regards,

ussmc

Hey Mate,

i think you will find that this car is a 2002 or 2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan with a 1zz-FE Engine, same as every other corolla,

ut nevertheless its a very good and reliable car, and you don't need to import parts for the corolla, any toyota dealer will be able to provide parts,

ok, to answer your questions,

Parts i believe are not hard to get hold of if in Melbourne,

Maintenance is usally anything between 100 to 200 dollars, (Can someone can Check this??)

Hot weather isn't a problem, and the temperature guage remains in the centre when at optimum temp.

Reliable YES :D

Im not sure on what is imported.... Someone???

All around good clean and cheap to run car :D

can anyone add-on this :o

Evo

Edited by Evo7

ussmc obviously does not know much about cars.

Yes this car is imported in the sense that it was built in another country, BUT it was shipped to Australia by Toyota Motor Corporation of Australia for use in Australia and the car meets all Australian Design Rules. The only cars to be made in Australia are the Holden Commodore and variants, the Ford Falcon and variants, the Toyota Aurion and Camry (assembled in Australia) and the Mitsubishi Magna/380. So unless you own one of these then you're probably driving an imported car.

This is NOT an "import" in the sense that somebody bought the car in Japan and had it shipped over and complied. That is a completely different process and that is what you need to look out for with your insurance company.

To answer your VERY misguided questions:

- NO the parts are not hard to find because the car was sold by the Toyota Motor Corporation of Australia and by law they are required to supply parts for this car for minimum 10 years.

- YES the maintenance is expensive because it is a motor car and all motor car maintenance is expensive in Australia because we have a very high wage rate compared to other countries and a current skills shortage. You can save money by avoiding Toyota Genuine Servicing and ahving your local mechanic do the work.

- The car will handle all temperatures fine. What a ridiculous question.

- NO TOYOTA COROLLA WAS EVER BUILT IN AUSTRALIA. Corollas are always reliable because they are built in Japan. Australian built cars are TERRIBLE quality.

- THE WHOLE CAR WAS ASSEMBLED IN JAPAN

- Yes there is a lot more you need to know

i think you will find that this car is a 2002 or 2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan with a 1zz-FE Engine

ooops.. wrong Ctrl + C, wrong Ctrl + V.

ussmc obviously does not know much about cars.

You’re damn right! With respect, I’m no engine head. I’m a computer artist. I admire your corolla knowledge.

You can save money by avoiding Toyota Genuine Servicing and ahving your local mechanic do the work.

Basic maintenance, I’ll do it myself.

The car will handle all temperatures fine. What a ridiculous question.

My car overheated on Tuesday. Weather temp just mid 30s

Apologies if this is a stupid question. Assuming there is no problem with either car, which model is better:

2002 TOYOTA COROLLA ZZE122R Ascent - 127,600 km

or

2000 TOYOTA COROLLA AE112R Ascent - 108,730 km

Edited by ussmc

- NO TOYOTA COROLLA WAS EVER BUILT IN AUSTRALIA. Corollas are always reliable because they are built in Japan. Australian built cars are TERRIBLE quality.

Actually the Port Melbourne plant used to spit out Corollas, that is before it was closed down.

The car will handle all temperatures fine. What a ridiculous question.

My car overheated on Tuesday. Weather temp just mid 30s

Apologies if this is a stupid question. Assuming there is no problem with either car, which model is better:

2002 TOYOTA COROLLA ZZE122R Ascent - 127,600 km

or

2000 TOYOTA COROLLA AE112R Ascent - 108,730 km

What is/was your old car?

maybe it didnt have any coolant in it lol :P

Its really a matter of personal preference, and neither car is better then the other.... Its up to you to decide that, and nobody else :D

Edited by Evo7

Actually the Port Melbourne plant used to spit out Corollas, that is before it was closed down.

1968 - 1994 at Port Melbourne. And the Altona plant from '94 until the end of '99 (AE102 was the last locally-made Corolla).

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Welcome :D :D What Rolla boy is saying is stay away from the non sportivo corolla like the ascent that are made in South Africa. You can check this by looking at the passenger side door and a plate there will tell you jpn for japan and sa for south africa. Doing a search on this forum for sa or japan will give you more info. Also check out the for sale section in this forum as there are some nice cars for sale including sportivos.