New Aurion Owner

phonsa

Hi folks,

Just brought a base model ATX which i've had for just under a week and i'm already starting to modify it :P

Impressions of the Aurion so far:

Pros:

silky smooth performance motor

Good on fuel for the capacity of the motor

Six speed trans works well in 'D' mode and sports mode

Low noise levels - surpresses external noise really well

Controls & interface is functional and easy to use

Cons:

Handles like a boat

Rear vision view impaired

Large front A pillar also impairs views

Seats need more lumbar supports can get uncomfortable on lengthy trips

Torque steer under hard accelaration

No trip computer as standard

Stock speakers have to much uncontrolable bass and lacks clarity

By floating around the forum the last couple of days i've become aware that the members here are really helpful and know their stuff keep up the good work and knowledge sharing guys :)

I've places an order for the front strut and rear sway bar from Ultra Performance can't wait to get it installed as the handling definately needs to be improved!

Next mods on the list in no order includes:

* Window tints

* 18 inch rims on probably 235/40 series tires

* Lowered on X 4 King springs + proper aligmenent + installation = $495 (Awesome price quoted!) placing an order next Monday (wholesale suspension Blacktown) http://www.wholesalesuspension.com.au

* Complete speaker upgrade

* Ipod interface with Stock Toyota unit http://www.hitv.com.au/products/view.jsp?i...&category=4

Cheers

Phons

Welcome to TOCAU and the Aurion Forums. The Aurion is certainly a good car isn't it. Out of curiosity, what colour did you end up getting?

I would definitely agree with your pro's and cons there especially the one disadvantage of "Large front A pillar also impairs views". Takes a little getting used to, and I still get the odd issue with it now and again, mostly with pedestrians at crossing in parking lots. The rear visibility is also a nuisance, and has only been an issue for me with parking. I would always open the door and stick my head out to make sure I don't hit the car behind me. Getting a reversing camera was the best addition in my opinion.

Get the window tints done ASAP. In my opinion, this simple addition to the car really changes the overall look to it. As well, read into the speaker upgrades in the sticky section, as there have been some interesting experiences with respect to that. Also, how much is that iPod controller going to set you back? May be more value in the end to upgrade your head unit and get some extra features as well.

Welcome Aboard mate!

You won't regeret on your decision. :)

Yeah. the large A pillar sometimes being really annoying for me too. I have to move around my head to get the view blocked by the A pillar but I am getting used to it like DJKOR does. :D

My first mod was HID kit and rear parking sensor.

The Aurion is the biggiest sedan ever I have driven, so I felt the back view from the driver seat was really higher and wider than my previous car. I have had bad experience that a small kid was nearly hit at the back of my car in a parking place so the parking sensor was the No.1 from my MOD list. It only cost me around $40 and I installed it by myself.

$40+3hour job was not bad at all and it looks awesome and good for safety. The rearview camera is one of the good option too but at that time I was running on factory headunit that doesn't have screen to show the rear view.

My next mod would be coilovers and a decent headunit. I am just waiting for the price drop. :lol:

BTW, How much did you pay for the set of sway bar??

Hi folks,

Just brought a base model ATX which i've had for just under a week and i'm already starting to modify it :P

Impressions of the Aurion so far:

Pros:

silky smooth performance motor

Good on fuel for the capacity of the motor

Six speed trans works well in 'D' mode and sports mode

Low noise levels - surpresses external noise really well

Controls & interface is functional and easy to use

Cons:

Handles like a boat

Rear vision view impaired

Large front A pillar also impairs views

Seats need more lumbar supports can get uncomfortable on lengthy trips

Torque steer under hard accelaration

No trip computer as standard

Stock speakers have to much uncontrolable bass and lacks clarity

By floating around the forum the last couple of days i've become aware that the members here are really helpful and know their stuff keep up the good work and knowledge sharing guys :)

I've places an order for the front strut and rear sway bar from Ultra Performance can't wait to get it installed as the handling definately needs to be improved!

Next mods on the list in no order includes:

* Window tints

* 18 inch rims on probably 235/40 series tires

* Lowered on X 4 King springs + proper aligmenent + installation = $495 (Awesome price quoted!) placing an order next Monday (wholesale suspension Blacktown) http://www.wholesalesuspension.com.au

* Complete speaker upgrade

* Ipod interface with Stock Toyota unit http://www.hitv.com.au/products/view.jsp?i...&category=4

Cheers

Phons

Welcome and Congrats on your purchase. yeah, the cars not perfect but good for the money and has an amazing motor. Agree with your pros and cons and once you get the speakers out you'll be amazed at what pieces of **** they actually are. Anything else would be an improvement.

Good luck with it all and keep us posted on your mods...........cheers

Thanks for all the feedback guys i ended up getting the tint done yesterday. Your right DJKOR they have made a big difference to the look of the car in a postive way.

Don't know how much the ipod adapter costs i just found out on Friday night after doing some quick research on the web for an aux adaptor.

"Out of curiosity, what colour did you end up getting?" i ended getting satin silver.

Total cost for the front strut and rear sway bar is setting my back $471, i've just paid the 50% deposit and will pay the balance when the shipment arrives in about a fortnight.

JIN where did you get the rear reversing sensors from? At $40 bucks that a bargain!

Thanks for all the feedback guys i ended up getting the tint done yesterday. Your right DJKOR they have made a big difference to the look of the car in a postive way.

Don't know how much the ipod adapter costs i just found out on Friday night after doing some quick research on the web for an aux adaptor.

"Out of curiosity, what colour did you end up getting?" i ended getting satin silver.

Total cost for the front strut and rear sway bar is setting my back $471, i've just paid the 50% deposit and will pay the balance when the shipment arrives in about a fortnight.

JIN where did you get the rear reversing sensors from? At $40 bucks that a bargain!

You can easily find one from ebay.

The price is even going down due to lots of ppl going for reverse camera.

The one I had is pretty similar as the one below.

Ebay reverse sensor