Christmas present to myself

As the title suggests, I sort of went and bought myself a new toy this year. Just last week I found a 2001 Celica Sx at a local caryard for $17,990. Out of curiosity, I went in to have a looky. It'd done 56,000 K's, was immaculate and all the service log checked out. Needless to say I got it on the spot.

I've only had a few hours of driving in it, as I flew back out to my mining job the night I purchased it, but I already feel the addiction to Lift. After wondering just what it's like for so long, all I can say is OMG I love it.

I'll post up pictures when I get home.

Oops forgot to add, its Mica Blue, and Manual transmission. I managed to get the entire thing free of govt charges too!

Hey man, that's aweseome. I would love to know how much better the Celicas go compared to the Corollas. Whack an intake and ported CES headers on that thing for a good time. :)

Good work, Gav.

Besides the shell dynamics, the Celica has IRS which is an advantage to it's handling ability. I also think the hi-cam comes on a bit later, however I could be wrong on that one. The Corolla's actually handle just as well in the right hands (reference to Peter T), in saying that the Celica may be easier to drive from the start for someone new.

In a straight line they'd be very similar. It would be dependant on the skill of the drivers shifting to establish the end result.

Dave you cheeky sod :P I was on my last day of shift, about to fly out! Anyway, I still haven't found anywhere nice to take any pictures of the exterior but here's some just parked in the driveway. Been using it for one-two hours a day this week and I'm in love with it. Go Lift!

post-3735-1230605809_thumb.jpg

post-3735-1230605898_thumb.jpg

post-3735-1230606925_thumb.jpg

post-3735-1230607002_thumb.jpg

post-3735-1230606775_thumb.jpg

Edited by TsvRolla

I actually on the support services side as a chef for ESS. I'm on a 2weeks on 1week off shift at a small mine called Trekelano, an offshoot of Osborne mine near Mt.Isa. By pure luck the mine has closed for the christmas break, I think its cheaper for them what with the resources crisis.

the northern missing link

SuperDave next time you are out let me know, I'd love to know more about what your working on.

As for the celica, it weighs 100kg less and that means it stops, accelerates, corners faster than a corolla.

whitestivo

the northern missing link

SuperDave next time you are out let me know, I'd love to know more about what your working on.

As for the celica, it weighs 100kg less and that means it stops, accelerates, corners faster than a corolla.

whitestivo

Not necessarily as tests on the qtr mile show that the Corolla was quicker from the results that I saw...