Loss for Toyota

Has anyone else heard of the news of Toyota making a USD 2billion loss this year, apparently the first in 70 years?

The article on Channel 10 was interesting they showed footage of TRD Aurions being assembled and at the same time were saying that the company's global loss would not have an impact on Australian operations

I assume the dropping of TRD was bound to happen whether Toyota internationally made a loss or not with how many sales they've had

its probably more coincidental then a direct cause, but ultimately it does make sense that if things arent going as good as they have been to drop things that arent making you money

However I did see this on the news and im sure Toyota Australia are still very viable

I believe the Hilux was the best selling car in Australia last month, The Corolla always does well

and the Camry, kluger, aurion etc are always up there.

Im surprised as to where the loss has come from?

Exchange rates and the american market would have been the greatest cause i can imagine

Im surprised as to where the loss has come from?

Exchange rates and the american market would have been the greatest cause i can imagine

The yen has tanked, and new car sales in Europe are down 20%. That, and Toyota do a LOT of assembling in America. Toyota Aus is pretty safe because we're weathering the storm, and there's always a market for Camrys to be exported to the Middle East

and there's always a market for Camrys to be exported to the Middle East

exactly ..... otherwise the habibs wouldn't have their high speed drift cars :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and they need plenty of spares ;) ;)

yeah well toyota in america is gonna close down soon and 200 contractors from toyota australia have been given the sack before christmas me one of them... <_< yeah our sales are down badly and as you've guys heard that the TRD section in our plant is closing down also so yeah the future is not looking good for TMCA! although we have the contract for the hybrid to start in 2010 its still not certain that we will make it there...

• 3 weeks later...
and there's always a market for Camrys to be exported to the Middle East

exactly ..... otherwise the habibs wouldn't have their high speed drift cars :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and they need plenty of spares ;) ;)

lolol funny vids