Inside the engine

Modena

Possibly taking off the cam cover would give you a little better indication of the the engine....a small 5cm round section of the head which doesn't see any wear is not the best indicator of the state of the cams etc.

And the car is only a year or two old, for crying out loud. If you're worried about the condition of the engine at this stage in it's life, then I'd hate to see how you've been driving it......either that, or you're extremely paranoid/clueless.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Possibly taking off the cam cover would give you a little better indication of the the engine....a small 5cm round section of the head which doesn't see any wear is not the best indicator of the state of the cams etc.

And the car is only a year or two old, for crying out loud. If you're worried about the condition of the engine at this stage in it's life, then I'd hate to see how you've been driving it......either that, or you're extremely paranoid/clueless.

The car in question has missed the 10,000 kms service and was serviced when it had 17,000 kms.

So just trying to compare. Toyota said that its not a problem as long as the next services are back in sync.

The guy at Toyota told me they had a V6 Toyota come in and it did 50,000 KMs unserviced... :o It had all sludge inside and cost $2000 to take it apart and clean it.

I guess I am obsessed as I cant fathom how people neglect their cars so much.

The inside of the valve cover looks clean :P

I guess I am obsessed as I cant fathom how people neglect their cars so much.

Go to a wreckers and look at the condition 90% of brakes are in, and think that these cars were once on the road with us :o