How easy to upgrade Corolla Wagon engine?

Well Im in the market for a new car, preferably a wagon. I saw the thread of the other guys Corolla Wagon that he has done up and it looks a treat. The only problem being is the power of them. Now Im used to my V6 camry, and I dont want to lose too much power in my next car. So what was wondering whas how easy would it be to get the kind of power of the Corolla Sportivo 123 from the 122 engine...and a rough estimate of prices perhaps? My budget is around $25k for car and mods Im thinking.

Thanks in advance, just want to know how feasible this would be, or if I should look at a liberty wagon maybe

Well Im in the market for a new car, preferably a wagon. I saw the thread of the other guys Corolla Wagon that he has done up and it looks a treat. The only problem being is the power of them. Now Im used to my V6 camry, and I dont want to lose too much power in my next car. So what was wondering whas how easy would it be to get the kind of power of the Corolla Sportivo 123 from the 122 engine...and a rough estimate of prices perhaps? My budget is around $25k for car and mods Im thinking.

Thanks in advance, just want to know how feasible this would be, or if I should look at a liberty wagon maybe

Mate i recon u should get yur self a Caldina. 2litre turbocharged sports wagon.

caldina_trd.jpg

Edited by Ascendant justice

Yeh the 2004 Caldina GT-4 looks hot as! But I was thinking parts and services might not be so cheap?

3SGTE and ST185 driveline (from memory), both of which are still well supported over here.

Yeh there is that. TBH I really dont need the power of the caldina though. Im afraid if I give myself the power, then Ill go and use it in the wrong places and lose license which isnt a good thing being in the Air Force

Yeh the 2004 Caldina GT-4 looks hot as! But I was thinking parts and services might not be so cheap?

3SGTE and ST185 driveline (from memory), both of which are still well supported over here.

Yeh there is that. TBH I really dont need the power of the caldina though. Im afraid if I give myself the power, then Ill go and use it in the wrong places and lose license which isnt a good thing being in the Air Force

Youll be fine :)

The TRD supercharger (or possibly a low boost turbo) on your wagon would be the most cost effective in terms of mods to your car. I wouldn't bother swapping to the 2zz as at low revs its no different to a 1zz. And the extra cost of buying a 2zz and a gearbox might not seem worth while.

The TRD supercharger (or possibly a low boost turbo) on your wagon would be the most cost effective in terms of mods to your car. I wouldn't bother swapping to the 2zz as at low revs its no different to a 1zz.

something im looking forward to doing when i get off my p's!!! hahah cant wait

what ever option you choose be prepared to pay aroung the 4-8g mark as if you turbo you'll need manifolds intake plumbing ecu and tune and thats minimum

if you can find a wreaked celica with the 2zz in it or better yet a corolla sportivo that will be an eazier power up as the front of the rolla wagon is the same as well there all the same wagon hatch sedan but as for cheapest option supercharging as your bound to find full kits on the net somewhere but still id say it would be over 4G's from start to finish