Vehicle Weight

If you guys check your rego papers....you'll see that it will have your vehicle weight on it.

How much does your car weigh???

my papers say my stivo weights 1178kg. *phew* Doesn't sound as FAT as toyota says it is. :)

i've got a weight bridge at work..so one day, i'll drive it on and see what it really weights. :D

put the stivo on a weight bridge today.

with almost a full tank of fuel. nothing else in the car..just the mats, parcel shelf.

weight = 1180kg (without driver)

cool!

Easy...

Rip out all the seats (bar the drivers), take out the Air con, Stereo, spare tyre and all insulation. And you don't need those 2 back doors or the hatch at the back so they can go too!

Not only have you dropped the 200 kilos, but you also now drive a Lotus!!! :D :D :D

Not only have you dropped the 200 kilos, but you also now drive a Lotus!!!

Did you see the article on the new Lotus Exige in Motor magazine last November (I think??). Lotus have replaced the Rover motor and 5 speed with the Corolla/Celica 2ZZ-GE and 6 speed.

Weight is 900 kgs and Lotus say it should go 0-100 in under 5 seconds.

The tester described hitting 6000rpm was like lighting an afterburner. He seemed fairly impressed with the engine. They spent a bit of time sorting gearbox ratios as well. They ended up with the shortest ratios Toyota could supply.

did anyone ever see that article about that guys fully stripping and cutting bits of his car JUST to make it quicker..using the stock engine.

cut of roof...took this and that of...

if only i could find the shortcut.

oh..actually....just checked out the link..that's the one. heheh OOPS! :blink:

Edited by xTiGeRx

OK so the csportvio weight less then 1200kg, so about 1180kg, then where the hell did 1224kg come from?

What the navigation system weight 45kg, toyota must be out of there mind i think it is an advertising move so they can backup there 0-100kms claim of 8.4sec. Goodone toyota :)