Rear Struts

Hey..

I have an 05 Corolla Ascent Sedan.. and I am wondering if anyone has replaced the rear struts in there's?

My car is lowered, only by springs.. but every time it gets serviced they tell me the struts are leaking. Pedders put it on their machine.. and the graph showed that they were stuffed, but i don't really notice any difference in the car. I have had quotes to replace them from 400 to 566, but I am also up for new tyres so I am trying to decide whether it is worth doing the struts now as well... or leave it for a bit longer, as they have been leaking for over a year now and everything seems fine.

4 years since the car was built and the shocks are leaking? does the car do hard track or hill work etc? what springs are in it and do they suit the travel of the stock shocks? 400 dollars with fitment is a fair bit! tyres over struts IMO

4 years since the car was built and the shocks are leaking? does the car do hard track or hill work etc? what springs are in it and do they suit the travel of the stock shocks? 400 dollars with fitment is a fair bit! tyres over struts IMO

The car was brought new in Nov 05.. so its only a bit over 3 years old. The car doesn't really do track or hill work.. has been on few rough roads and that. and done approx 115 km's. Pretty sure it has King springs, and from what i have been told you can't get shorter struts for it.

I spoke to Jax Quick Fit and tested the shocks with his electronic machine... and they need replacing which is what i thought, but we decided they will last a bit longer yet.. and my tyres can go another 2000km's so i don't have to spend any money yet! yaaay!! :D

Red Roo Exhaust & Ultratune, reckon that 3 years and 80,000 km's you would be looking at replacing struts.. but no one else has said that..

The car was brought new in Nov 05.. so its only a bit over 3 years old. The car doesn't really do track or hill work.. has been on few rough roads and that. and done approx 115 km's. Pretty sure it has King springs, and from what i have been told you can't get shorter struts for it.

I spoke to Jax Quick Fit and tested the shocks with his electronic machine... and they need replacing which is what i thought, but we decided they will last a bit longer yet.. and my tyres can go another 2000km's so i don't have to spend any money yet! yaaay!! :D

Red Roo Exhaust & Ultratune, reckon that 3 years and 80,000 km's you would be looking at replacing struts.. but no one else has said that..

ok , thats fair enough , well weigh up what you use the car for and purchase the struts based on that!