Hiace gearbox oil. 2rz-E engine.

Harro

Hey guys.

Having trouble with my gearbox in the van. its a 02 Hiace SBV.

When the vans off it shifts between gears reasonably well with the clutch in, but when the van is running shifting from neutral to any gear is neigh on impossible.

Someone suggested it might need new transmission fluid?

When it comes to car gearbox's its not something i have any experience in.

The clutch is hydraulic and appears to use the same fluid as the brake booster, and its full so i think I'm right to cross that off my list.

As the van didn't come with a manual, does anybody know what kind and how much fluid these box's need?

Any other suggestions?

cheers,

Pat

at work we use a 75w90 easy shift and to fill theres a filler plug on the box you add fluid till it comes outy the hole

as for your trouble not selecting gears is it hard or imposible if its imposible i dont think its gear oil prob id be checking clutch pedal feel

very soft may indicate leaking or air in hydraulic system (look for leaks at master and slave cyliders) if thats good grad a friend and bleed.

if it goes into gear when engine is not run hold foot on clutch start and see how far off the floor the pedal get b4 it grabs you may need to adjust the pedal free play.

if you cant select gears with engine off then you may have a linkage problem once again grab a friend and see how much movement you have in all linkages from gear knob to box

if all that seems ok try ajusting linkages in 1 direction first then the other

if that fails id say you have a problem with the box and it would probably be cheaper to sorce4 a second hand box rather then rebuild

in sayin all that it may be your best bet to get a work shop opinion or 2 as it could just be a $2 clip or $10 bush