Who Votes we start another Dash Mat Thread?

PC XT

Well for those who do get one I recommend getting some fluffy dice to go with it.

I would suggest that with your current friendship making skills that you should keep away from the Kluger guys unless you have something constructive to add.

I think the dice would go well but not sure of legality of them hanging from the mirror! :D

I think the dice would go well but not sure of legality of them hanging from the mirror! :D

That's constructive. I wonder if Toyota sell any Kluger fluffy dice? Dealer didn't offer to sell me any.

It has occured to me that anything hanging from the mirror would be a distraction tho don't know if it's illegal. Certainly some bogans still have them.

wrt the dash mat, I think they may actually have some utility. A friend was sun burnt on her face a couple years ago from doing a long drive because of UV reflecting off the dash in her 2004 Corolla. So she put a black towel over the dash which has now been there for about 2 years. Since it's not a smooth surface it scatters light and UV and so she doesn't get burnt. If you look at the towel now, the upper side has turned grey while the under side is still black so UV has definately faded the towel. She did it to protect her face rather than the dash tho. Although I'm sure the dash would be more UV resistent than a towel it goes to show there is potential for damage. Not sure of the Corolla windshield specs but according to the Kluger specs it blocks 99% of UV. I suppose if you go for a 12 hour drive in the summer sun and you have very pale skin you could still get burnt, and if you don't usually park under cover then your dash could fade and crack given enough time.

After being so skeptical I may actually buy a dash mat, if only to save my skin.

Edited by Colonel