JDM style tail lights

Hi

Im from UK, Europe & just joined this site !

Anyways i want to get my rear tail ights to make it look like the JDM RunX style minus the brake light as in europe we have a rear fog light that is compulsory so i be happy with just 4 working park lights.

I looked at this article on this forum:

JDM Runx light conversion

Does this article include a brake light as well ? as i only want to make them work as parking lights only & did you have to cut any wires too?

I also found this article on the UK toyotaownersclub forum

Corolla t-sport

one of the post by the owner states 'The near side rear light cluster has a blank for the extra "fog light" bulb, i cut this out to accept the bulb i have used a single filament taillight bulb. The wiring is really simple as the standard circuit board has it all there ready for a second fog light. i have soldered a wire from the side light track over onto the fog light track'

That sounds easy so can anyone confirm its quite easy? the euro spec corolla only has 1 rear fog light but the other one is ready to accept a 2nd one i believe

oh i would ask that forum member for help but he doesnt go the forum much & no one else done this converison here in UK!!

Any help would be great as im not good as far as electrical stuff goes !

Thanks

it should be pretty easy, what do your taillights look like? are the bulb holders separate or on a circuit board?

The bulb holders is on a circuit type board same as this one here even though mine is a 2003 spec built in UK but the exterior rear lense look identical to the 2003 aus spec corolla's.

P1010831.jpg

This picture was taken from 'jaderd' Corolla on the other post. a guy on the UK forum said he soldered a wire from the parking light 'track' onto the fog light track so that theres 2 park lights on each cluster thus JDM style!! so i just need to know where the 'track' is or what is it exactly, oh yeah the fog lgiht track you guys dont have rear fog lights on your cars so that section be empty on your cars but not on the JDM ones.

Thanks

Edited by niceone

it should be pretty easy, what do your taillights look like? are the bulb holders separate or on a circuit board?

The bulb holders is on a circuit type board same as this one here even though mine is a 2003 spec built in UK but the exterior rear lense look identical to the 2003 aus spec corolla's.

P1010831.jpg

This picture was taken from 'jaderd' Corolla on the other post. a guy on the UK forum said he soldered a wire from the parking light 'track' onto the fog light track so that theres 2 park lights on each cluster thus JDM style!! so i just need to know where the 'track' is or what is it exactly, oh yeah the fog lgiht track you guys dont have rear fog lights on your cars so that section be empty on your cars but not on the JDM ones.

Thanks

So are you saying that your tailights have these bulb holder plates? or are the bulbs without this plate?

And Jaderd's rolla is facelift ie. 2005 on... not 2003.

Evo

Edited by Evo7

P1010831.jpg

Thanks

So are you saying that your tailights have these bulb holder plates? or are the bulbs without this plate?

Evo

Yes mines got the bulb holder plates more less the same as jaderd's ones, even though mines a 2003 model, it seems like the euro / UK ones had these all along since the car releases back in 2001, i hope this mean it be easier for the JDM light conversion?

P1010831.jpg

Thanks

Evo

Yes mines got the bulb holder plates more less the same as jaderd's ones, even though mines a 2003 model, it seems like the euro / UK ones had these all along since the car releases back in 2001, i hope this mean it be easier for the JDM light conversion?

unfortunately,

it won't be as simple as the pre-facelift seeing how you need to add an extra wire in place for it.

but if you examine, and follow the instructions on JDM tailight mod-Jadered's post, and you should be fine with it.

Evo

P1010831.jpg

Thanks

yep as the UK guy said, solder a wire to the parker and foglight socket and put in a 5W bulb. look in jaderd's instructions to locate the parker track.

let us know how it goes :)

Having the plate holder makes the mod so much easier to do. You'll be fine mate. I followed the exact same guide and managed fine.

Solder one wire from the conductor on the existing socket over to the new socket, and wham! bam! you're in business. :D