changing oil

stinky

Hi Guys

Just wondering on which oil is recomended for my car i've done 110 000km should i use Castrol Edge Sport 5w by 30w or the Mobile 1 oil.

or something else for my rollla is a 03 model

And one more thing how many Liter do i need to fill up the engine when changing engine oil first time been changing at toyota ever since ta.

CHeers

Benny

Edited by stinky

Check the service manual it tells you exactly how much oil you need to put and if you want to know more abt oils and stuff scroll to the bottom of the following link:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5503

There is heaps to read and learn about. :)

I used to always use Castrol Formula R / Edge when I have the Corolla 1ZZ, but now I prefer Mobil 1.

My experience with Castrol Edge is when it gets closer to and passed 5000km the 2ZZ engine feels rough, but with Mobil 1 the engine remains smooth. And Castrol Edge is not true full synthetic, as some would say, while Mobil 1 is. I personally don't really know, but Mobil 1 for me.

Still, it is recommended to change the oil every 5000km or 6 months, whichever comes first.