reverse camera instalation

goppy

hi all I need help with installing a reverse camera to my zr06. Ie mounting points. Wiring .I have noticed a small cut out section ontop of the number plate. How could I mount it in there? Also how would i make it so the camera only activates when I shift to reverse gear?

Edited by goppy

depends what camera you have. if you got a OEM toyota camera it'll mount perfectly. give me a pm, ill swing by and give you a hand :)

it's just your average butterfly mount ir camera. From wow LOL . Thanks for the offer. But I've now moved to shepparton. Still wanna lend a hand :)

it said melbourne the last time i looked at your location lol.. i dont know it seems a tad far, i dont have my car with me so i cant take any photos. but the rear emblem, by memory theres 2 or 3 screws you got to unscrew (from the top boot lid under the carpet) after that its just a big clip you got to force out. if you dont get it done by weds i can show you where the screws are etc.

it said melbourne the last time i looked at your location lol.. i dont know it seems a tad far, i dont have my car with me so i cant take any photos. but the rear emblem, by memory theres 2 or 3 screws you got to unscrew (from the top boot lid under the carpet) after that its just a big clip you got to force out. if you dont get it done by weds i can show you where the screws are etc.

yeah I just updated it before.I was only joking man LOL . I plan on doing it all on Saturday. So pictures would be good thanks . Do u no anything about the camera only activating when in reverse? Thanks

have you got one fitted to yours? Or fitted one to an aurion?

If you have one of those 'butterfly mount' style cameras, you would probably be best following the guide made by Aurion ZR6:

Toyota Aurion Rear Camera

Thanks heaps darryl. So is the bracket bit that he put the camera into already there? And how would I take the squre plug bit out? Also how would I do the reverse gear activated camera? Just hack into the reverse light wire or no?

If you have one of those 'butterfly mount' style cameras, you would probably be best following the guide made by Aurion ZR6:

Toyota Aurion Rear Camera

Thanks heaps darryl. So is the bracket bit that he put the camera into already there? And how would I take the squre plug bit out? Also how would I do the reverse gear activated camera? Just hack into the reverse light wire or no?

That little black plate is already there, you just need to hack at it as shown. To take it all out, you take off the boot lid liner and then you will be able to see two nuts up in the centre section. You just get a 10mm socket or spanner and loosen them, and that section will come out.

As for the reverse 12 volt line, you just tap into the reverse light. That is the easiest option. I tapped mine from the front passenger kick panel. It is the red wire with the silver dot on it:

dsc02442lr2.th.jpg dsc02436ay5.th.jpg