Newbie Here. FX-GT Questions

edooze

Hi All

I'm new here, so Hi to all, and thank f**k that there's a Toyota Club with a Corolla forum out there.

After owning an AE92 1300 Corolla, I decided I liked it so much I had to buy the FX-GT Limited model (16 Valve, 1600, 4A-GE, Big Port, T-VIS - don't you just love the induction noise!)

I have a couple questions, if you don't mind helping me out.

Firstly, does anyone know what the differences made (if any) between the FX-GT and the FX-GT Limited models were? I have different seats, and gold badging, but other than that I am at a loss.

Secondly, as impressed as I am with the 4A-GE, I want more. So can anyone help me out with some mods that I can look in to, keeping the thing NA for now (no turbo/supercharger just yet, that may come) that will help out?

I understand that pod filter and exhaust are the first two majors. It has had the cat removed, and a resonator put in, but I understand that the standard filter is pretty damn good in these (vs a pod hanging out in the middle of the engine getting full of hot air) so am going to do more research before doing anything to it.

It has been in a frontal impact at some stage in its life - not too major but I think the chassis needed to be straightened. I have it penciled in for a check to see how bad it was, and how good a repair has been done to it. Plus, it will be going in for a complete mechanical check in a couple of days also. No point in pouring money into a lemon.

Oh, one other thing, other than the rust around the back windows, what else is there to look out for with these?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

edooze.