Any "car-pick-up" service in South Australia?

KHIEM

Hi everyone,

My friend's car was robbed a week ago. Then a few days later, the police called him and told him that his car was involved in an accident in Port Augusta (300 kms away from Adelaide). After all the papework was done, the police asked him to come to Port Augusta to pick the car up and advised him that the car is non-drivable. how bad was that.

So he's looking for a service which come to that police station in Port Augusta and pick the car up, then deliver it to Ade for him. Cops said they would just need basic information of the car owner from the picker then they wil allow the picker to get the car. So it should be easy.

Do you guys know any kind of service that do the job? How much roughly it would cost?

Thanks in advance,

TK

Since its un-driveable, it will have to go on a tow truck. Most towing services should do it, but it won’t be cheap going 600kms, I would say about $800. Is the vehicle covered by insurance?

Edited by mbruce

No.. i dont think so. he just has like 1-way insurance, not comprehensive one.

Will that gonna be $800? I heard my friend bought a car from Vic and get delivered for just $600.

Yes that’s because it would have gone a car carrier, a tuck which carries many cars on board, this type of service probably wouldnt be available on a short route like you are asking, but even if it was they probably wouldnt take it as it needs to be drivable.

It maybe cheaper than $800, but it wouldnt be to much less as a the truck will have go down empty and pick up your friends car and come back with it, which will be 600kms.

Unless you know someone with a car capable of pulling a large trailer, you could hire a car trailer and go pick it up.

Edited by mbruce

• 2 weeks later...