KX-R how many speakers? are mine not working?

Iwantone

I have recently been reading that the KX-R is equiped with 6 speakers but I only seem to have 4 (or 4 that are working) , all in the front.

Does anyone else with a KX-R have speakers in the rear doors?. This is one thing that has bugged my about the car since I got it and now I am wondering if the speakers are there but just not working?

I have adjusted the fader on the Stereo and when I turn it to R7 there is no sound at all (from what I understand R7 means all the sound is transfered to the rear?).

Just wanting to check before I take it to Toyota and make a d*** of myself by trying to get speakers repaired that may not be there in the first place.

Thanks

I have recently been reading that the KX-R is equiped with 6 speakers but I only seem to have 4 (or 4 that are working) , all in the front.

Does anyone else with a KX-R have speakers in the rear doors?. This is one thing that has bugged my about the car since I got it and now I am wondering if the speakers are there but just not working?

I have adjusted the fader on the Stereo and when I turn it to R7 there is no sound at all (from what I understand R7 means all the sound is transfered to the rear?).

Just wanting to check before I take it to Toyota and make a d*** of myself by trying to get speakers repaired that may not be there in the first place.

Thanks

There are definitely speakers in the rear doors, even if they do sound horrible. After adjusting the fader, you should have heard them.

There are definitely speakers in the rear doors, even if they do sound horrible. After adjusting the fader, you should have heard them.

Thanks for the reply, will have another play with it tonight and if still nothing working will get Toyota to have a look.

Took my car to my local dealer today and now I have working speakers :P . Cant believe I went so long without them, just assumed the stereo was really really bad rather than just bad. Apparently the wires at the back of the head unit were not connected.

Took my car to my local dealer today and now I have working speakers :P . Cant believe I went so long without them, just assumed the stereo was really really bad rather than just bad. Apparently the wires at the back of the head unit were not connected.

The rear speakers are on a separate plug to the front, which is also the power connector.

It obviously wasn't plugged in.