New tyres in brisbane

whitestivo

This place has cheap Kumhos, prices are only good untill today.

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=398317

Exactly what i was hoping for

SD, you think the KU36 is going to be the equivalent of the adrenalines or the 595's? You know of anyone travelling around QR on these? I'm going off previous posts (read the entire wheels section) and the re001 (I think you had) and the 595's were top.

whitestivo

KH31 - Lavender Scented.

Does it activate when you start driving it or does it just smell like Lavender all da time?

Would think it works kinda like scratch and sniff except this is drive and sniff ....

:yahoo:

This place has cheap Kumhos, prices are only good untill today.

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=398317

Exactly what i was hoping for

SD, you think the KU36 is going to be the equivalent of the adrenalines or the 595's? You know of anyone travelling around QR on these? I'm going off previous posts (read the entire wheels section) and the re001 (I think you had) and the 595's were top.

whitestivo

The KU36 is a semi slick, so will leave the RE001 and 595RS behind. 595RS are better than RE001, 595 is intended as a tyre between road and semi slick, while the RE001 are just meant to be a cheap high quality tyre.

There was a black Supra last year using the KU36 and did quite well, but I don't go around looking at tyres.

Keep in mind the tyre wear of semi slicks before getting them. A soft semi slick will get about 400km, medium, about 700km, hard about 1000km while road about 5000km. And that'll be down to the belts, not the minimum tread depth markers.

Forget KU-36, they dont have them available in 205.50.

And I was wrong, don't want semis, i would like the best road tyre for the track, so maybe swinging back to the 595, or re001. it needs to at least reach 25,000km of wear on the road.

Anyone got any tyre comparisons handy?

whitestivo

And I was wrong, don't want semis, i would like the best road tyre for the track, so maybe swinging back to the 595, or re001. it needs to at least reach 25,000km of wear on the road.

The RE001 lasted 45,000km on dad's car with track days. They are sensitive to camber, so make sure you're running about -2* at the front if tracking.

best price so far is $199 all incl per tyre.

i was hoping to get it down around $180 a corner.

See if you can find someone else wanting the same tyres and see what discount the tyre shop can do then. Bulk bought 10 a while back and got like $15 off each tyre.

I don't think it's possible to run -2 camber on my car with current setup which must stay (though I've said that before)

Does that mean the re001's aren't the ideal choice for my car?

I'm also willing to consider 595... my main aim is to just get to a 205,50 tyre size, and the added bonus is they should be better than the turanzas on the track, when i go back in July. I'm only a three times a year track warrior.

whitestivo

I don't think it's possible to run -2 camber on my car with current setup which must stay (though I've said that before)

I'm also willing to consider 595... my main aim is to just get to a 205,50 tyre size, and the added bonus is they should be better than the turanzas on the track, when i go back in July. I'm only a three times a year track warrior.

whitestivo

RE001 should handle 3 track days a yr quite comfortably

whitestivo

I'd say the 595 will want a similar camber angle. Haven't used them before. Three times a year wont affect them too much.

I've got Bridgestones Potenza RE540S on 205/50/16 and they grip quite well in the wet and dry which was replaced by the RE55s around 2002 / 2003. Haven't tried them so can't comment but judging by how good the 540 were, I won't be surprise if RE55 performed equally well or better. Only use them for track although I can drive around town in them no problems.

They are road legal/going semi slicks similar to Hankooks RS-2 which will last around 20,000KM with hard driving. Longer with + - road and track. KU36 are also road going semi slicks from my understanding but then again, all these tyres might not last as long as 45,000 you are after.

I've always had the thought that grip = soft compound, therefore won't last long and vice versa. Got some Nankangs Sport II at the moment or whatever its call, slippery as h3ll !!!!!!!!!!!! Never ever would I get them. Changing them soon though to something more epic. Keep watch ;)

I've also got camber bolts chucked in and mine can only go to a max of -1.5 from memory which reminds me that I'll have to get an alignment done soon. Speaking to SB, he mentioned that I got mine at not too bad of a price below 100.

Alex is on his 2nd set of RE001 and he loves them like a dog with a pillow. Grips so well in the wet and dry according to him and he drives quite hard around corners too. I think he might be putting it to the test this coming track day ......

Hope that helps.

:)

So I'm going to need camber bolts?

Lets say I leave the camber where it is, do I still get the benefit of the re001's?

SD, you know any cars at QR racing on 595's?

Anyone got any reviews?

whitestivo

You'll be fine without the camber bolts, it's just so you don't get excessive wear on the outside shoulder.

Northy uses the 595.

Can I throw another spanner into the works? How bout the Toyo Proxes series? Something like the T1Rs..

And yes they do come in 205/50. Great in wet and dry conditions.

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forum/members-l...-test-08-a.html

This link is what I'm going off.

Unfortunately the T1R's weren't in the comparo. Are they performance road tyre or SS? How much per corner.

The best I can get is $195 for Re001 each corner, i'm going to call around about the 595EVO, and maybe the T1R is the right tyre.

I'm very surprised no one in Brisbane has been able to help me out, surely ppl know ppl.

whitestivo

T1R - I've had two different dealers tell me for the $10 saving, better going with the RE001. The T1R has soft sidewall, maybe that good on lowered springs...?

Federal EVO, only come in 205.55 - so no good there

I've just paid for my rims, so now I need tyres.

Hmm, going to look into the Hankook Ventus as well.

whitestivo

bump, still looking for 205.50.16

will call mercury tomorrow.

sadly, my budget does not stetch to $200 a tyre... about $175 is the limit.

whitestivo

I think Bob Jane have a special on this month on a Firestone tyre (not sure how good they are) for $179 each.

You could check them out.