2004 Hilux 4x2

circleworkin

welcome mate! 2005 bull bar wont fit an 04 car as the shape changed in 05

any pics?

Hi ELEGANT, don't have any pics. I asked if anyone knew if towbar off a 2005 hilux will fit my 2004 hilux workmate 4x2, if it does can you buy the fitting kits for them?

welcome mate! 2005 bull bar wont fit an 04 car as the shape changed in 05

any pics?

Hi ELEGANT, don't have any pics. I asked if anyone knew if towbar off a 2005 hilux will fit my 2004 hilux workmate 4x2, if it does can you buy the fitting kits for them?

sorry mate i read bull bar for some reason thought it sounded a bit funny....sorry mate cant answer that question unfortunetly

The part numbers from Hayman Reece don't changeover from one to the next. If your new vehicle is the current shape, 04/2005 onwards, then it is a different towbar. I'm fairly sure the chassis is wider on the newer model too.

We've just updated one of our company utes, and the other we're not just yet 'cause the trade boxes don't swap over as the chassis is wider.

The part numbers from Hayman Reece don't changeover from one to the next. If your new vehicle is the current shape, 04/2005 onwards, then it is a different towbar. I'm fairly sure the chassis is wider on the newer model too.

We've just updated one of our company utes, and the other we're not just yet 'cause the trade boxes don't swap over as the chassis is wider.

Hi Yonnee, You are correct. The Chassis is a little wider about 2 or 3 cm (darn it) and there is a cross memberthat goes across the chassis under the tray, the towbar fitting plate is shaped like a hook goes around the cross member. Adding to my wows the older towbar's fitting plate is welded on to the actual bar the new one is bolted and the old one is straight with a small hook that goes into a hole on the chassis with two bolts holding it on the new one has three bolt. It is quite a bit different. um don't want to buy a towbar do you? They retail for $280.00 The one I have is almost brand new and in excellent condition sell for 180.00. It is not a Hayman Reece but a genuine toyota part.

Hi Yonnee, You are correct. The Chassis is a little wider about 2 or 3 cm (darn it) and there is a cross memberthat goes across the chassis under the tray, the towbar fitting plate is shaped like a hook goes around the cross member. Adding to my wows the older towbar's fitting plate is welded on to the actual bar the new one is bolted and the old one is straight with a small hook that goes into a hole on the chassis with two bolts holding it on the new one has three bolt. It is quite a bit different. um don't want to buy a towbar do you? They retail for $280.00 The one I have is almost brand new and in excellent condition sell for 180.00. It is not a Hayman Reece but a genuine toyota part.

Sorry, new ute's not mine. I bought the old one, the '03 model.

And the new one's got a towbar already.

You shouldn't have too hard a time off loading it, it suits mid '05 to current.