Shall I lower My car??

Hey guys

I don't know very much about modifying cars etc..

I'm thinking about lowering my car now.

Toyota Allex ZZE123

What can I do best?

Replace the original springs with new (lower) ones or should I replace the whole suspension?

Please give advise.

also tell me what the advantages or disadvantages are for the two options..

Thanks

hey mate....easiest option is do a search there have been many many conversations about this topic im sure you will find all the info you need if you trawl the forums for a bit

Cheers

How polite .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shall you lower your car ?? Y not?? But do you want to ???

As for options, there are plenty. One of them is replacing springs only with lowered ones which might make you feel a tad bumpy and not to mention shorten the life of shocks further.

How much do you want to spend? What do you want to achieve with your car? Why do you want to do it?

I live in Barbados and I purchased the TEIN BASIC WAGON KIT ( http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/basic_wagon.html ) for my car along with C-ONE camber plates for the front and C-ONE polyuretahne buhsings for the rear and it dropped my car 50mm in the front and 45mm in the rear.

The advantages of using this set-up is that I can have the car corner-balanced to ensure optimum handling. Additionally, the damper is well matched to the springs and the ride is very comfortable and compliant.

I live in Barbados and I purchased the TEIN BASIC WAGON KIT ( http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/basic_wagon.html ) for my car along with C-ONE camber plates for the front and C-ONE polyuretahne buhsings for the rear and it dropped my car 50mm in the front and 45mm in the rear.

The advantages of using this set-up is that I can have the car corner-balanced to ensure optimum handling. Additionally, the damper is well matched to the springs and the ride is very comfortable and compliant.

These are height only, not damping force adjustable correct ?

Absolutley! Especially if you are looking at after market rims, if not for handling (just purchase some springs), it will definatley look a lot better without the hideous gap between the wheel arches and the tryres. But as alredy posted, heaps of threads onthis same topic :D

btw - i do have some new king springs for sale if you're interested :P

Hi guys,

I lowered my wife's 08 corolla using Eibach Pro Kit, worth all the money I paid for it.

Lowered the car just nice about a 25mm drop, looks good too

Used the standard shocks, car handles very well now, amazing difference and comfort is all there not harsh.

Eibach have a very good name for themselves, springs are cold wound not heat used, unlike kings.

So if you ask me, I would say yes lower and go for the Eibachs

The Corolla is a day to day car and not a performance vehicle. Why would you want to lower the car? I find the normal springs pretty good already. Nice and comfy.

ahah! its not a performance car until you start to modify it :P

Why would you want to lower the car?

Cause aftermarket springs will make the car handle better duh :lol:

This needs to be moved to the Suspension/Brakes Section <_<

Evo

Okay guys

I did searched for topics about lowering cars, etc.

Now I'm sure that I'm gonna lower my car also.

Not especially for the performance, but more for the look.

Still one question tough..

I searched for the suspension kit over the internet.

of course I found a Lot of them.

But the question is that i don't really know which ones the (perfect) fit.

not talking about the brand tough.

How do I know if the kit is gonna fit my car, without any other modifications needed.

I just want to "plug and play', take out the old ones and put on the new ones without any problems.

Any advise, weblinks?

Thanks

Just remember to check your insurance how far you can lower before you start lowering

i've asked aami and they said that they dont care as long as its legal, and legal is according to (melb) VicRoads lowering "A vehicle may be lowered or raised provided the clearance between a suspension component and its associated bump stop is not altered by more than 1/3 of that specified by the manufacturer. In addition, the original relationship between the front and rear suspension heights must not be unduly affected."

Now what's a bump stop ? and where do you start measuring?

definetly go for Eibach Pro Kit they have been arounf for a long time.

they come in a kit ready to be fitted and can use the original shocks.

If your in Melbourne go to Suspension City (North Melbourne) a friend of mine had his Honda lowered there.

They did a good job, I don't trust Pedders some are good but it all comes down to the operator.

measurements are taken from the centre of the wheel to the edge of the guard.

I will measure mine and post the heights.

hm yeah i know that but in my previous post i mentioned from the VicRoads guidelines that its the suspension component and the bump stop.

does that essentially mean mid wheel to guard?