clunk in my gearbox

Jorgeo

This is not a problem that is specific to the Aurion. This issue can occur on ANY automatic transmission. Due to the way the 'park' selector works on the transmission, you can then experience this clunk if the car is let to roll a little once park is selected. In most cases, if you select park but don't let the car roll at all, moving out of park should be smooth. The park brake on the Aurion is partly to blame for this occurring more often than it should mainly because it lets the car roll a little before fully engaging. A good page to read would be this:

HowStuffWorks "Putting a Car in Park"

thanks, I suspected handbrake was the cause of problem, have had mine adjusted twice and still will not hold.

My satnav/dvd from auspack should be delivered tomorrow, would appreciate some help when installing if I have problems.

thanks, I suspected handbrake was the cause of problem, have had mine adjusted twice and still will not hold.

Adjustments to the foot brake on the Aurion don't seem to last too long in my opinion. I think this is due to the fact that it is very easy to apply more force to the foot brake than what is really required. The amount of force you can push down with your foot is certainly a fair bit more than pulling up on a hand brake.

My satnav/dvd from auspack should be delivered tomorrow, would appreciate some help when installing if I have problems.

I'm not going anywhere. If you need any help, just let me know here or PM me.

I also get a clunk when gearing down from 2nd to 1st in sports mode, even at very slow speed.

do they all do it?

Oh noes. You should never really downshift into first while moving. The only time you should drop into first is when your car is stationary. Otherwise if you are in second and need to accelerate harder, just put your foot down fully and let the transmission drop it if necessary.

Most of the time in the situation you have described, the shift will feel pretty rough if you were to do that.

I also get a clunk when gearing down from 2nd to 1st in sports mode, even at very slow speed.

do they all do it?

Oh noes. You should never really downshift into first while moving. The only time you should drop into first is when your car is stationary. Otherwise if you are in second and need to accelerate harder, just put your foot down fully and let the transmission drop it if necessary.

Most of the time in the situation you have described, the shift will feel pretty rough if you were to do that.

When u say 'should never', does that mean there's a bad effect or u mean something else?

As i used to work for a toyota dealership awhile ago,We had the Aurions come back with the same complaint of clunking when cold during transmission changes

we had a close look from all corners & originally diagnosed the delayed reaction of the transmission ECU & just cold operational temps..but on the third comeback we noticed the gearbox mount (top) bolt required tightening we assume it loosened up since factory & since then have utilised the same to another two Aurions with a very good success rate

I hope this helps