zre Exhaust

not much yet.

tinted windows and interior and exterior protection (if you consider it to be a mod)

18" rims and 2.5 catback exhaust with xforce S12 twinloop.

I'll be looking at proper mods after my holiday to the gold coast in dec :)

hey saj when you got ure exhaust done did they remove any resonaters?

You know the section of exhaust at the end is actually a resonator. That's not a muffler.

So yes, they did remove the resonator. They also removed the stock muffler which was towards the middle of the car.

why is this so???

i not sure

with some aftermarket exhaust they remove the 2nd muffler, resonator to make a straigh pipe with no interference

more power n louder

Edited by Gab

wth that one huge ***** resonator then..... for a corolla.... unless its a resonator built-in together with a muffler(cuts cost on production i think) actually does anyone have a pic of the full exhaust system in the corolla i really wanna see where is the cat converter and like how the thing is layed out. im pretty sure the middle part is the cat converter not a muffler... unless i didnt see it?

After doing my Exhaust.....2.5" Cat back to Cannon, with small resonator in the middle.

The Cat is under the car in line with the Dash to my experience, should notice it pretty quickly

AUR15

After doing my Exhaust.....2.5" Cat back to Cannon, with small resonator in the middle.

The Cat is under the car in line with the Dash to my experience, should notice it pretty quickly

AUR15

thats what i thought as well...

• 2 weeks later...
Aur15 is correct, the cat is under the dash, then you have the muffler pretty much in the middle of the car under behind the handbrake and then the resonator.

this is a pic of the centre muffler... it also has a second cat converter built into the first 1/4 of it then the rest is a muffler thats why these cars are soo quiet when stock

post-10504-1241192860_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Aur15 is correct, the cat is under the dash, then you have the muffler pretty much in the middle of the car under behind the handbrake and then the resonator.

this is a pic of the centre muffler... it also has a second cat converter built into the first 1/4 of it then the rest is a muffler thats why these cars are soo quiet when stock

Could you tell me what you replaced this with and what you did with the sensor that goes into it. Thanks

Could you tell me what you replaced this with and what you did with the sensor that goes into it. Thanks

hi john.

well for mine i replaced that centre muff/2nd cat with a small high flow muffler. sensor is between the first cat and the centre muff so dont even have to even go near the sensor.

hi john.

well for mine i replaced that centre muff/2nd cat with a small high flow muffler. sensor is between the first cat and the centre muff so dont even have to even go near the sensor.

Hey Will but there is a sensor which goes into the centre one,where is that now?and did you have any warning lights come on cos i read about that somewhere here.

The rear muffler is hollow too,unbolted from centre muffler and car sounded the same(quiet) my exhaust guy is doing some research on it..

He knows people B)

wth that one huge ***** resonator then..... for a corolla.... unless its a resonator built-in together with a muffler(cuts cost on production i think) actually does anyone have a pic of the full exhaust system in the corolla i really wanna see where is the cat converter and like how the thing is layed out. im pretty sure the middle part is the cat converter not a muffler... unless i didnt see it?

Ive circled the cat with my limited skills :lol:

Just looks like black canister.Looks and feels like hard plastic.

post-9535-1245921386_thumb.jpg

hi john.

Hey Will but there is a sensor which goes into the centre one,where is that now?and did you have any warning lights come on cos i read about that somewhere here.

The rear muffler is hollow too,unbolted from centre muffler and car sounded the same(quiet) my exhaust guy is doing some research on it..

He knows people B)

Hi john,

I dotn think there is a censor on the centre muff because there were no cables that were unplugged , unless the sensor uses wifi technology. Also no engine light because the o2 sensor is between both cats i know this becasue i was little worried about getting a light and asked the guy and he showed me where everything was.

Also the rear muff is actually just a resonator.

hi john.

He knows people B)

Hi john,

I dotn think there is a censor on the centre muff because there were no cables that were unplugged , unless the sensor uses wifi technology. Also no engine light because the o2 sensor is between both cats i know this becasue i was little worried about getting a light and asked the guy and he showed me where everything was.

the sensor was probably plugged into the system in front of the cat converter to read the O2 levels... (O2 Sensor)

resonators are placed in the system wherever they are needed. if you can imagine a wavelength of vibration occurring within the pipe as the engine revs, and at certain rpm, the waves, overlap ad cause amplification of the sound.... this is resonance or the drone we experience in exhaust sytems.

by placing a resonator at the point where the amplification occurrs, this changes the pressure at that point of the soundwave and effectively cancels out the resonance.

note there are certain types of resonators, that flow better than others, and even spigoted (threaded) types that you can use to help promote back pressure in systems that lack torque.

hi john.

He knows people B)

Hi john,

Mine has a sensor plugged into it.. Mine is 08 and that pic above is 07 and i cant see one, and i believe Will that yours is an 07 as well?

Maybe something changed since then. Tomorrow i'll try get a pic of mine and hopefully shed some light on it.

Mine has a sensor plugged into it.. Mine is 08 and that pic above is 07 and i cant see one, and i believe Will that yours is an 07 as well?

Maybe something changed since then. Tomorrow i'll try get a pic of mine and hopefully shed some light on it.

yes mine is 07. i checked the muffler again couldnt find any plugs so they must of changed it.

yes mine is 07. i checked the muffler again couldnt find any plugs so they must of changed it.

oops my mistake Will, had a look and the sensor goes into the pipe between cat and centre muffler,not the actual muffler :blush: