Need a new camera

juvenile

Looking to buy a new camera but nothing to flash(pardon the pun) just been using an older 3.2mp point and shoot..

Still want easy point and shoot but clearer pics and bit better zoom..

Any recommendations?

Cheers

John

Looking to buy a new camera but nothing to flash(pardon the pun) just been using an older 3.2mp point and shoot..

Any recommendations?

Cheers

John

i just purchased a Canon EOS450 digital SLR,but i found TEDS CAMERAS a great website for pictures/info/price have a geez if ya havent already cheers.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

John

i just purchased a Canon EOS450 digital SLR,but i found TEDS CAMERAS a great website for pictures/info/price have a geez if ya havent already cheers.

Wow,you paid that much :P

Good site Ted's,also Digital camera warehouse site.. Saw a nice Canon powershot or those slim Nikons and Sony..

Briefly what is the difference between optical zoom and digital zoom?

Any recommendations?

Cheers

John

Wow,you paid that much :P

Good site Ted's,also Digital camera warehouse site.. Saw a nice Canon powershot or those slim Nikons and Sony..

Briefly what is the difference between optical zoom and digital zoom?

im no camera expert but i think the difference between OPTICAL & DIGITAL zoom is,optical zoom uses optic lenses so you can focus in yourself and digital self focuses but seems to enlarge the picture and not zoom in, if you know what i mean. p.s yeah this little baby cost a packet but the missus really wanted it(she is into this sort of stuff more than me) so i guess i reap the benifets of havin it (annual meet in melb so i hear lol)

whatever you do, do not buy a camera from TEDS there markup is so big compared to other camera stores.

If you want a good cheap value camera a bit better than P&S and lower than a pro DSLR I would suggest the D40 for someone who isn't willing to go the big bucks.

Edited by jaems

whatever you do, do not buy a camera from TEDS there markup is so big compared to other camera stores.

If you want a good cheap value camera a bit better than P&S and lower than a pro DSLR I would suggest the D40 for someone who isn't willing to go the big bucks.

I looked at D40 and heaps of stuff came up, are they those Nikon coolpix ones? Looking around $300 to $400 suits me.

I looked at D40 and heaps of stuff came up, are they those Nikon coolpix ones? Looking around $300 to $400 suits me.

yep D40 is a nice little unit and if price is a drama i found TEDS CAMERAS were a little bit dearer but they offer extended wty & backup support and its a store ya can walk into if ya have any dramas unlike online(thats my choice, ive been burnt before shopping online)the camera i purchased came with everything thats needed inc twin lens kit/carry bag/mem cards/filters/charger/spare batt/3yr wty/ect ect and i found that if i had bought online(from US) maybe i could have saved maybe $100-$200 AUD max but in the scheme of things i prefer local backup when making such purchases of this size.Good luck with what ever ya get and see at the meet in Melbourne :yahoo:

I recently bought a Canon PowerShot 590is...

8MP, 4x Optical Zoom, Image Stabilsiation...

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/ca...7-32826173.html

Quite a good little point and shoot camera and can easily be had for under $200

Thats a good price and nice camera,pretty much what iam after.Clear car shots..

Dont really want to buy on line but the Digital Camera Warehouse site i mentioned have store 10min away from me i just found out so i'll go see them.

They have a store in Northcote Vic as well if anyone interested..

Appreciate your help guys..

Cheers

Also look at the Sony cybershot 10.1 megapixel it is compact but takes great shots

have had mine for a few months now and paid $325.

comes with a

lithium battery

.The Lithium Battery i think is the way to go as you can take heaps of shots without battery dying as well last a long time between charging.

Also have an Olympus slr E500 takes great shots have had it a few years now.

when dealing with th camera shop get them to through in a camera bag and possible card as well. My sony card is 8gb while my Olympus is a 1gb xd

Also look at the Sony cybershot 10.1 megapixel it is compact but takes great shots

have had mine for a few months now and paid $325.

comes with a

lithium battery

.The Lithium Battery i think is the way to go as you can take heaps of shots without battery dying as well last a long time between charging.

Also have an Olympus slr E500 takes great shots have had it a few years now.

when dealing with th camera shop get them to through in a camera bag and possible card as well. My sony card is 8gb while my Olympus is a 1gb xd

OK i will thanks, narrowed it down to cybershot or nikon coolpix,look at canon as well, too confusing though cos they all have 20 versions of the one camera,

trying to understand the specs of it all. :blink:

The Sony Cybershot would be my choice of the smaller compact digitals...

Easy to use and great shots too...

I currently have a Canon EOS350D SLR and it's a pain for everyday stuff...

Thinking of going to get a compact for day to day use and upgrade the SLR for professional use only...

Defintely Rolla boy

The cybershot is excellent and takes great shots and very easy to use.

I would go and look at the three

canon a good camera but the canon i had did not take as good a photo as the Sony Cybershot

Sony Cybershot my choice

Nikon coolpix DOnt know about this camera hav not owned a Nikon

Go with a budget in mind

Poss look at 10 megapixels

and defintelyLithium Battery

just my suggestion might help to narrow the field down.

Going to look tomorrow at Cybershot and coolpix.. Was told about Fuji finepix have a 12mp x 9 zoom around $350-400.Most camera lenses use a Fuji sensor

anyway..Anyone have Fuji? Dont hear much about them,Bit like ASUS and everyone uses their parts too.Ive had no troubles

Iam leaning towards Sony though :D

Sony CyberShots FTW! I'm using a DSC-T200, which I believe has been replaced by the DSC-T300 now. Technology.. you can never seem to keep up with it.. :(

But anyways, main point was that they're great and super compact. The touch screen is a neat little feature. :P

Sony CyberShots FTW! I'm using a DSC-T200, which I believe has been replaced by the DSC-T300 now. Technology.. you can never seem to keep up with it.. :(

But anyways, main point was that they're great and super compact. The touch screen is a neat little feature. :P

Cool, i've been meaning to ask what you use.. Or i can save my money and hire you as my photographer :clap:

I've been looking at a few compacts over the last week and now I got too many ideas lol...

Cybershot doesn't have as much optical zoom as I would've liked but the picture quality is excellent...

But I'm now deciding between:

Sony Cybershot DSC-S950

Olympus FE-3010

Canon Powershot SX110 IS

Shopping time this week but I'm leaning more towards the Powershot as it's almost the same as my SLR just in compact form...

Sony or Canon are safe bets.

I use an Olympus point and shoot for work and some of the results are very disappointing, especially indoors or low light.

Selling a Canon EOS 450D Twin IS Lens Kit + extras lols msg if your interested

Thanks for the offer mrs.s ,bit too hi tech for my needs :)

Rolla boy i ended up getting the Sony DSC-S950 and threw in a Sony 2GB memory stick..

From Powerhouse Auburnon.. $300, was limited with store options though cos i had a $100 ***** Smith voucher i was given at work for Xmas.

So really cost me $200 :D

Still best price that i saw online stores.

Good choice man :) ...

I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results...

I think I've decided on the Canon Powershot SX110 IS and also the Canon EOS 50D...

Selling my 350D with Lenses, Tripod, Batteries, Remote, Camera Bag, etc, etc, etc if anyone is looking for a package :) ...

Good choice man :) ...

I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results...

I think I've decided on the Canon Powershot SX110 IS and also the Canon EOS 50D...

Selling my 350D with Lenses, Tripod, Batteries, Remote, Camera Bag, etc, etc, etc if anyone is looking for a package :) ...

I like the SX110is too but just wanted a small camera,only use it rarely for family and cars.. Iam happy with my buy though..

Digital camera warehouse have the SX110is for $335.. Online or you can go to the store and pick up.. B)