Corolla Recall

So yeah basicly took my car to the dealer for the 30k service when they told me they need to inspect a part for the corolla recall and said its routine, soo in the afternoon went to pick up my car abd was told they have to book me in for another day becasue the need too replace my drive shaft as soon as possible. he said he didnt know what the problem is but all he knew is that it needed to replace (under warranty ofcourse).

has any other zre owners got their drive shafts replaced? how long did it take?

Was that today Will? Serviced my car Wed and today i had 2 missed calls from Toyota,if there is a recall they should send a letter if bought new...

See what happens then.. :huh:

Yeh was today, i got a letter about some recall 4-5 months ago i think. but yeah. my corolla is a 07 model maybe that makes a dif. but if your unsure you should ring toyota to see if your vin needs a recall.

The drive shaft can have a minor noise on the early ones, I think it was a 3 month period for the ones that require replacing...

Drop the gearbox oil, replace the shaft, refill gearbox oil and you're ready to roll...

Does this apply to 2008 Sedan Ascent? I donnu whats going on...

07 man.... pretty sure 07 zre were the first batch of zre to be released in aus... so they'd have a more likely chance of having a recall:) haha so dont worry.. i have a 08 ZRE too myn runs sweet as :) OMG FIRST TIME HITTING average 7.2L/100km LOL! thought id tell everyone hahahahaha

Just to clear this up for people - this recall applies to only 4,716 vehicles World wide. If your Rolla was BUILT between 29/06/2007 and 27/08/2007 then take it and get it checked. If yours was built outside of these dates, theres nothing to worry about. B)

Oh, and it has nothing to do with noisy shafts. Toyota beleive that there may be a few shafts out there that the "material hardness" is not upto spec. Meaning the long term durability may be affected.

Edited by The Merchant