Questions on lowering my ATX with 18"rims

Styles

Hi All, new to the forum.

Just a quick question. I'm interested in lowering my Aurion with Pedders. I have 18" Osaka Mannus rims. But I'm clueless with the whole concept of lowering the car. Should I also change the shock absorbers, get a front strut bar & a rear sway bar as well? Does it improve the handling if I do?

Saw a photo of an Aurion that was lowered with 18" rims on the Pedders site & Im just wondering if its a bit too low or the measurements on that Aurion would be perfect for my ATX. I'll add a photo of that Aurion as well.

Feedback would be great. Thanks :D

post-13405-1242096452_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forums. As for lowering your Aurion, Pedders would do the job just fine, and some others here have used them as well without any issues. The only thing with the Pedders springs is that it does an 'even' drop in which the rear of the car sits higher than the front (much like it does normally). You do ave another choice of springs however, and that is King Springs. If you were to use King springs however, you will be able to get the rear to sit lower and make the car itself more even (so that the front and rear are close to the same height). To see the difference between the two, have a look at the photo below. 51DER (White AT-X) has Pedders and ELEGNT (Blue Sportivo) has King springs.

As for the shocks, it would be recommended that you change them to something that is suitable for lowering springs, and as far as it goes, KYB are the only manufacturer that has suitable shocks. Otherwise, you can just do what others have done and leave your stock shocks as they are and worry about them when they blow.

Regardless of the lowering springs, a strut brace and rear sway bar are highly recommended. These two will probably give a more noticeable handling difference than just the springs alone, but when combined, would be a good match.

IMG_7365.jpg