ST185 Brakes

JIP55

Hey all,

I have a ST185 1992 GT4 (3S-GTE) and yesterday, i got the brakes done. They replaced the front discs and pad fine but they told me that they couldnt get new rear discs.... They could still be machined so thats ok but i really wanted them replaced the at the same time as the front.

I was wondering if anyone knows a brand and part number for the correct discs??

I actually been to autobarn and supercheap and looked in the DBA guide and there is no listing for these type of discs.....

If you got any advice of suggestions i would appreciate your input.....

Thanx guys and gals

J

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

DBA do have some... personally i got a new set of standard discs engineered, they work just the same

• 3 weeks later...

Yes... DBA does have both front and rear rotors for the ST185.... But they don't come cheap! Front ones from Autobarn (or was it Super Cheap Auto).... Are.... *suspense music* $190 for standard rotors and $280 for slotted.......

I only asked for the front ones because I warped them apparently! Either from the time I crashed my car into a gutter and ended up breaking my whole front left wheel assembly or from the heavy braking + accelerating during the Just Commodores (another forum I am part of) cruise....

To Zoran: How much did it cost you to get those standard discs engineered? I really would like to get new discs on the front as the squeaking from the front left (warped) disc gets annoying at times.

To JIP55: When I asked to get my front discs re-machined, he said that it was impossible because my ST185 only had 0.1mm left before it was too thin.... I asked him how much does a new rotor have to work with... He said 0.2 to 0.4mm from brand new to minimum thickness..... You are pretty lucky to have the choice of getting it re-machined.... Either you don't use the brakes too heavily or too much.... Or maybe it was replaced not long ago....

I'll check what the workable thickness is when I find my HAYS repair manual.... I remember reading it somewhere there...